Sunday, September 23, 2007

Square Dances

This past Friday, our church had it's 5th annual square dance and Dave & Doreen's farm just outside of Oak Bluff. It was a good time filled with sitting by fires, dancing (yes, Mennonites were dancing- some better than others, but still dancing), tractor rides, and just chatting with friends.

I wasn't feeling great on Friday, so I didn't enjoy the square dance like I usually have in the past years. I'm still glad I went, but coming home to my bed was definitely a wonderful thing. Here are a few pictures to capture some of the evening's moments.





































There were times when none of us really knew what was going on. Dave was clearly confused as to where he was supposed to be going.






















Kristy & Hailey






















Around The Fire
































Steph and I were so cold that we were desperate to try anything to warm us up. We thought if we stood over the hot ashes, it would help warm up our bums. We were right. It was nice and warm, however it was not very comfortable. We didn't last in that position for very long. Thankfully she has seat warmers in her car, so the ride home we had nice, toasty bums.






















Kristy got to bring her sister-in-law Amber's little girl Hailey along for the evening. I think we all enjoyed her company. Here she is showing us her silly faces.





1 comment:

Amber said...

Looks like fun!! Hailey had nothing but good things to say about her evening. "I made yots and yots of new friends" I just showed her the pics here on your blog and she recognized you and called you by name. Awww. A little friendship :) Kristy & Graham's friends are all so great, it would be fun to hang out with you all...we have always wanted to make it out to your church. Hope you are having a good day Kara!