Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Scary

I had quite the scare this afternoon when I went to pick Cole up from his school. I walked in and one of the teachers says, "Are you here to pick up Cole". I replied that I was and she goes on to tell me that he never came to school today. As she was saying that, my heart sank down to the ground. I'm starting to panic inside at this point. "What do you mean he's not at school today?" I say. I frantically begin to call Bonnie, but I am unable to get a hold of her both at work and on her cell phone. The school got a call from Bonnie in the morning saying that he was going to be coming in the afternoon rather than in the morning, but the school hadn't heard anything after that.
I wasn't sure what else to do. I certainly wasn't going to find him at the school, so I started to walk home. Halfway home, Bonnie called me and said that Cole was at her parents for the day because he didn't want to go to school. So thankfully he was alright. I had a feeling nothing tragic had happened to him, but that initial shock scared me to death. I headed over to Bonnie's parent's place to pick Cole up and I was greeted with full smiles. What a relief!





Once we finally got home, Cole and I both decided we needed a little bit of a treat. I had a long day at school and he apparently just needed a treat. Shocking. The 2 of us headed down the street to Starbucks to enjoy an iced tea and a coffee. It's funny how such a simple drink can make things feel just a little bit better.







I'm turning him into a Starbucks junkie already. Kinda scary! It's a good thing this is not a regular occurance, but it is nice to have a special Cole/Kara date every now and then.





On a completely seperate note, my headaches have been returning full blast like they were back in June and July. This last weekend they got to be so bad that it was making me nausious. I actually had to pull the car over while driving to vomit. I didn't "feel" sick, but just the intense amount of pain and constant throbbing in my head has been making me nausious. I called my doctor first thing Monday morning and scheduled an appointment for Friday afternoon. I am hoping that I can finally get some answers as to why I am having these headaches instead of just being handed more pain killers. Please pray that I am able to feel some relief from the constant pain in my head (as it makes going to school very hard) and that the doctor is able to point me in a direction that will help us find out the cause of these headaches.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Hey there...sorry to hear that the dreaded headaches have returned. Will be praying for endurance and the ability to focus with all you have on the go at school.

Love you!
S.