Monday, September 3, 2007

The End of Summer and the Beginning of Fall

I can't believe that September is actually here. It seems that not long ago I was celebrating the beginning of summer (it feels like it was just yesterday). This past weekend I was able to enjoy another weekend at the cabin for one of the last times in the year. The weather was a little more on the cooler side, but still enjoyable. We were still able to sit on the deck and enjoy some sun while reading, many hours were spent putting together a puzzle that I am not yet finished and it we enjoyed a beautiful fire at the beach last night with some fireworks in the background. I am not sure what my problem was this weekend, but I failed to pull out my camera. Sorry. I guess you could say that I was feeling a little off this weekend.

I must say that even though I am sad to see summer go, I am still able to celebrate the beginning of fall. I love the fall season. There is something magical and so beautiful about seeing the trees and the leaves change color. This is one of my favorite seasons for a couple of reasons...

1. I enjoy watching the change of the green leaves to rich colors of reds, oranges and yellows.
2. I love being able to wear jeans - they are just so comfy and there is little time to do that in summer.
3. I love being able to wrap myself in thick, cozy, chunky sweaters.
4. There are some extremely important birthdays that occur in the fall - ME, Jess, Kristy, Dominika, Bre, Dad & Derek (just to name a few).
5. This year in particular there will be new life that is welcomed with the births of both Ken & Sabrina's little one and also with Joel & Alissa's new baby. What is more exciting than that!!
6. Pumpkin Spice Latte's return to Starbucks - Anyone who would like to join me, feel free to call me up anytime :)
7. This fall is the beginning of my last year of school forever!
8. I enjoy being a kid at times by jumping through a pile of leaves.
9. I love going for evening walks when the air is crisp and cool. It is so refreshing.
10. And finally, I enjoy Halloweeen. I love being able to dress up and what could be better than free candy?

Those are just a couple of the things that I am looking forward to this coming fall. So it is a bittersweet goodbye to summer and also a welcome to fall. I hope that with the coming change of seasons that you too, will be able to find the beauty and comfort that fall has to offer.

No comments: