Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Waiting Game

I am still waiting to hear something about my head. I am praying real hard that a cancellation opens up so that I can get in sooner for my CT. This week has been a pretty terrible week in terms of headaches. I have been fairly low functioning, but with whatever energy I am able to muster up, I put towards school. Midterms start next week, so I can't draw back now. I need to keep focused for 2 more weeks.

With the constant throbbing of my head and the nauseousness in my stomach, I am starting to feel extremely discouraged. I don't know if the weather has something to do with it also, but whatever is going on in my head it is not very fun. I'm kinda at the point where going out in the evenings seem to be so much work and end up not being very much fun due to my head, so staying home in my bed studying seems like a better option. Yesterday I even missed going to watch ANTM at Aimee's, so something definitely must be wrong with my head.
I am trying to remain positive and confident that "this too shall pass" and that God's strength is all that I need to rely on in order to get through the day. I must admit that I lose focus on that one, but I am continuely seeking to follow him throughout the day.

I had a good thanksgiving weekend. It was very low key, which was nice. On Sunday morning I headed out to the cabin with my grandma. We had such a good talk on the way out. Most of the conversation revolved around my Grandpa and the memories of him that we think about on a daily basis. It was refreshing to hear stories and to talk about him so freely and openly. It seems that as the years have gone by, no one has wanted to mention his name and remember the great things that he meant and did in our lives. So that was extremely uplifting.
The cabin was quiet though - only my parents, my grandma and I. It was wonderful to cozy up by the fire and do some studying and attempt to finish the puzzle I have been working on since mid August. It is a huge puzzle and extremely hard. I have not finished yet. I suppose it will have to wait until spring when I make my way out to the cabin again. Perhaps I'll have to have my puzzling girls Aimee and Kristy out to help me finish it.

Anyway, I am off to another day at school. Thank you all for your encouraging emails and prayers. They mean so much to me.

1 comment:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Hey Kara,

Thank you for all of your little notes (comments) on our blog - they all make me smile and feel loved! You rock!
I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through with your chronic headaches. We will be uplifting you in prayer. May God give you the strength & hope to carry on and find enjoyment in life.
We love you!!! See you soon!