Friday, October 12, 2007

A Huge Boost in Spirits

Today I have battling yet again another brutal headache. When I got home from school this morning, I plopped down on my bed, feeling extremely discouraged about things. I started to pray and asked God to give me a piece of hope and encouragement to hang on to. Litterally not 5 seconds later, my phone rang and on the other end of the phone was my wonderful friend Toni! Toni lives in Vancouver at the moment and happened to be in town last weekend for Thanksgiving. She was scheduled to go back last Wednesday, but decided to stay for almost a week longer. Anyway, she called to see if I was free to grab a drink or share a cup of tea. I was almost crying tears of joy. God had answered my prayer. The 2 of us shared some drinks together at Stella's along with the most incredible French Toast ever! Our conversation was so meaningful and encouaging. Toni has had her own health things to work through in the past and hearing some encouragement in that department was so helpful. Our visit would not have been complete without a walk through Osborne Village's shops - Out of the Blue, Desart, Silver Lotus, Frock Star, etc. Plus there is nothing better than indulging in some retail therapy to boost one's spirits. I was going to spend the afternoon studying, but hanging out with Toni was so much better. Nothing else could compare. So thanks Toni for making my week and filling my face with laughter and just being an awesome friend. You are truly wonderful!

In other news, I booked an appointment to see a Naturopath for next Friday at 1pm. Hopefully maybe they can help with some the figuring out what is going on inside my head while I wait for my imaging tests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only are you an amazing woman, you also make great apple crisp. I'm so glad you are in our Soup Group! (not just for the apple crisp!).