Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I am 23. It's crazy to think that another year has passed. Boy, does time sure fly! It's been a busy day so far. My parents picked me up at 8:00 this morning to go for a birthday breakfast at Stella's. Yes, I cheated on my diet, but I believe a birthday calls for it. Plus, how can I resist the best french toast in the city? I must say, that for the first time in a week, my stomach felt satisfied after eating. What a treat!

After breakfast, I went to school to get some practice hours in (we have to complete 50 hours of practice time outside of class in each semester) and then afterwards, my dear friend Annick and I headed home. Due to the copious amounts of studying that we need to do this weekend, she felt called to Starbucks to fill up on some caffeine. Yes, I cheated again. What a happy moment it was to fill my mouth with a yummy London Fog. It's funny how you miss eating and drinking certain foods when you are told you can't have them anymore. The cheating was well worth it. I am filled with happy juice.

Very excited to be indulging in such a delicious treat

(Sabrina, next time you will have to join me).


Annick & I

Tonight will be spent mostly burying myself in books and study notes unfortunately. However, after supper Cole and I are going swimming to Pan Am while Dan and Bonnie have some company over for supper. We love going swimming on Friday nights - it's a great way to end a very busy and full week.


Birthday morning hugs from Cole

This past year has been a good one. I have had some ups and downs and some bumps along the way, but despite everything, I have learned so much! God continues to pour out his love and faithfulness upon me. I am beginning to see his handiwork in so many different aspects of my life and I am so blessed. He continues to teach me on a daily basis and I have yet SO much to learn about being his child. I am being stretched to new lengths constantly. I have been blessed this year with AMAZING friends in my life who continue to also help me grow to become a woman who strives to be more like Jesus. I hope and pray that this upcoming year continues to be one of learning and growing in new and different ways. With God directing my path, it is inevitable that my life will change and I will grow in directions I could never grow on my own. So here's to another year of God's unfailing love and faithfulness. Cheers!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Happy #23 dear friend. I'm glad you cheated...it's a day to enjoy!

Love you lots!

S.