Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Quiet Week

It has been a fairly quiet week in my life and I am not complaining. It's been a nice and a much welcomed change to the fast paced life that school brings. It feels wonderful to not have any assignments or projects to finish up or studying for exams. What freedom!

Monday - Still house sitting for Don & Lavonne while they are in Florida. Spent the day lounging around the house, watching season 6 of Gilmore Girls and sipping tea with the cat curled up next to me. Very comforting and soothing.

At 3pm I had a sudden urge to go shopping and due to my lax schedule, I went with my impulse and headed out to St. Vital Mall. I have been needing some new jeans lately, so I thought Monday would be the perfect day to fulfill that need and I found the most perfect pair of jeans. They were a little bit more then I thought I would have to spend, but it was worth the extra money.
We don't have many full length mirrors in our house, so I had a hard time trying to get a good picture of them.
As I raced through St Vital I managed to get out of there in just the right time so that I could meet Deanna for coffee at Starbucks at 4pm. I was quite impressed with my ability to rush. It's amazing what I can do when time is an issue!

After supper I headed over to Aimee's house to hang out with her and watch some quality TV on TLC. I love that channel! One show we watched was "The Dugger Family Album". It's the story of this family who has 17 children and they have no signs of stopping. Now that just seemed wrong to us. We had some good laughs though. I love those type of friendships where you don't always have to be talking to enjoy each other's company. Sometimes just sharing a cup of tea and watching some TV under some cozy blankets is enough and allows you both to just "be" without the pressure to always talk. I like that.



Tuesday - Spent the morning cleaning up Don & Lavonne's place so that they had a nice clean home to come home to that evening. In the afternoon I got to hang out with some very special friends of mine...Ella, Sophie & Heidi. The 4 of us had a delightful (and quite fancy I might add) tea party. We ate delicious scones with whipped cream and raspberry's, cookies, gingerbread cake and of course, tea. It was a wonderful afternoon and I can't wait to do it again one day. Things like this you just can't do with a boy in the same way. Perhaps if I get copies of Heidi's pictures I will post some of our incredible spread and of our costumes.

Wednesday - I slept most of the day and it was WONDERFUL! I stayed in bed until about 2:3opm. I wasn't sleeping that entire time. I watched some episodes of the OC Season 4 and did some crosswords and ate waffles in bed. By 2:30 I figured I needed to get out of bed and accomplish something for the day, so I decided to do a much needed cleaning of the 3rd floor. With exams and school work to be done, I found it next to impossible to do a really good clean of my bedroom. I dusted, vaccumed and cleaned up my mountain of clothes on the floor. It looks so much better now that it's done and finally clean.

Due to the extremely cold weather I tried my very hardest to not go outside at all, but I found I had to in the evening to go to a planning meeting for the Women's Retreat for our church. It was a good time and glad I got out of the house, even if it was just for a bit.

Thursday - Another fairly low key day, but I did not stay in bed as long as Wednesday. Tomorrow we are having a baby shower for Alissa and Sabrina and I am in charge of the baking, so I did that in the morning and mid afternoon. Pictures to come tomorrow or Saturday.

Bonnie decided to cut out early from work today, so we went to see the movie 27 Dresses at the theater. It was a good movie, although there were moments throughout the movie where I thought to myself, "gee, I hope that's not going to be me in a few years". Sometimes waiting for the "right" guy to come into my life seems like it will never happen. The waiting seems endless or at least more noticeable when most of my friends are married and moving on into the parenting stage in their lives. However, that being said, I know God has someone picked out for me (or at least I sure hope he does) and in the meantime He is preparing my me and molding me into the woman this "guy" needs and wants.
Anyway, overall I would recommend going to see the movie. It was really cute.

That's been the week in review so far. It's been a good week and exactly what my heart and soul have needed. I have had some good moments with God whether it be reading my bible, spending time in solitude and silence listening or turning up the music in the house to praise him. My heart has been missing him lately. It's so easy to push God to the side or put him temporarly on a shelf through the busy and stressful times. I'm really hoping in the months and weeks ahead of me that I might choose to notice God in the little moments of the day, that my eyes and ears would be attentive to his voice and that I might follow and obey his leading in my life despite the busy-ness that school and life in general brings along with it.

No comments: