Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Doin' the Happy Dance

As of 10:45 this morning I am officially done all exams and have completed my junior semester. What a relief! I feel as though the weight has been lifted off of my chest and I can finally breathe again. I don't think I've been breathing normally for the past week.

It's been a pretty rough week. There have been many tears cried and choice words said in frustration, but it's all over now and I can go to bed tonight with complete ease (and perhaps I will not dream of sprains, strains and meniscus tears) and rest fully. Yesterday afternoon, my friend Annick and I were studying after our exam in her apartment when we got distracted by a bright purple hulla hoop in the closet. We both were feeling quite exhausted, so we decided that when life gets you down, you just gotta hoola hoop! We felt much better afterwards (sorry no pictures - maybe next time).

I now have 12 days off of school for semester break and there will be some serious relaxation and celebration to be done. Hopefully my social skills will resume quite quickly and I can return to the old Kara again. Oh how I have missed that Kara because the studying and stressed out Kara is just not very fun.
Thank you to everyone for all of their prayers and encouragement and emails. I have loved them. I know have a complete open schedule to do whatever I want and catch up with people, so if you want to do coffee or something let me know and I'll make time for you!

I'm off to go and see Juno in the theaters right away with my friend Annick to celebrate the end of a semester and the beginning of a new semester as seniors :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for the end of exams!! I'll definitely take you on the offer of hanging out. Have fun relaxing, enjoying, and celebrating!

Aimee said...

Looking forward to seeing you tonight, I have missed you!