Wednesday, January 16, 2008

3 Down, 2 to Go

This morning I had my second exam. It was a practical exam for my sports massage class. To put it simply, it didn't go so great. My nerves ended up getting the best of me. I tend to get a little nervous before an exam, but never have I reacted like I did this morning. Wow! I actually started to work on the wrong limb and then proceeded to work on the wrong muscle group. After a couple minutes of performing the techniques I realized that something wasn't quite right. I politely "excused" myself from my partner, turned around, took a couple of deep breaths and allowed some tears to fall. I needed to refocus and pray. I eventually turned back around and asked to start over. The second time through went a little better, but my hands were litterally shaking. I don't think I completely bombed the exam (I'm pretty sure I did some stuff right), but thankfully I have done really good in this class in previous exams that my marks are not in jeopardy at all. I actually have a lot of flexibility with my marks, which is a blessing. In the end, my teacher actually commended me on taking a step back to regroup my thoughts and treatment plan rather than becoming frazzled and disoriented and continuing on with the massage (apparantly he doesn't think that crying and shaking resemble some frazzledness).

I am just so happy to have that class done and over with. I have 3 more exams left and thankfully they are all for the same class, so I really only have to study 1 set of materials, which is nice. I'm hoping those exams go well, as this assessment class is an extremely hard one and the teacher isn't all that supportive and easy to approach with questions or concerns. I just have to continue to keep plugging away and pour my heart and soul into this material. So, the hibernation period will continue for 7 more days (sorry friends and people who have called me).

Next wednesday by 11:00am I will be a free woman for the semester. The plan is to come home and sleep for a few hours in the afternoon and then if anyone wants to go out and do something fun, I am game! I want to do anything that does not involve school. Let me know know if you're up for a good time to sit back and relax. I have 12 days of complete nothingness. I can't wait!!

So until next week my blogging will be fewer in between, but I will post as I have time. Thanks for those who have been praying. I appreciate it more than words could really say.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

You have come to mind numerous times these past few days. At 4:00ish this morning in fact, and again as the day went on. I had thought you might be in the thick of exams at this time.

Sounds like you managed to regain composure...glad two are over. Can't wait to celebrate the end of your hibernation. Love you.

S.