Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Weekend to Celebrate

The time has come...I am officially done school!!!!
On Thursday at exactly 5:27pm I left school with tears of joy in my eyes as I walked out of my last exam. I was anxious to go and celebrate, so I picked up Kristen and Aimee and the 3 of us enjoyed some deliciousness at Baked Expectations for supper.

After a great time with these lovely ladies, I picked up Cole and him and I headed out to the cabin for the weekend. It was such a freeing thing to be able to go to the cabin guilt free and with no homework in my bag. Friday morning I dived into my first novel of the summer, "Love the One You're With" by Emily Griffen and I anticipate many more enjoyed novels to come. I love being able to sit down and enjoy a good book when I don't have other textbook reading to do.


My weekend was not only spent reading and sleeping, but it was spent entertaining Cole and spending some good quality time with him. I have missed that kid!

However, I did get some moments of reading in. I'm so lucky that Cole is capable of entertaining himself and content to sit and read a book too.
One of the jobs on our "to do" list for the weekend was to help my dad cut down a very large tree on the yard. It was unfortunately dying, so rather than running the risk of it falling on top of the cabin one day, we chose to take it down. It was a sentimental moment as limbs of the tree fell to the ground, as this was our climbing tree as kids. We spent hours up there on its branches summer after summer.
Cole was a great help in the whole process. He eagerly volunteered to help drive the quad as we loaded branches and took them away.

The highlight of the day for Cole was when my dad took him up in the bucket truck for a ride. He was sooooo excited, he could hardly stand it!

Now that Cole can ride a two-wheeler with no hesitation, we spent a lot of the weekend biking around. On more than one occasion our bike trips landed us up at the corner store for a popcycle, ice-cream or chocolate bar. We decided that what goes on at the lake, stays at the lake.

SWIMMING

The lake is finally starting to look like it should in the summer months - much warmer. However, Cole was the only one who braved its cold waters this weekend. I am hoping that in the next few weeks we can take the jet ski out and fully enjoy the goodness of the water, but right now it is just a tad too chilly for me!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations, Kara! I understand the feeling of 'being done' and I am so excited for you! You've worked so hard these past 2 years and I'm glad you could celebrate the end by relaxing at the cabin. Now you can get paid for your awesome work!! Yipee!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you tonight! Looks like a WONDERFUL weekend. Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Sabrina said...

So pumped that you're done. 2 very busy years are done...never to be repeated...now it's time for fun, fun, fun! And work. Which I surely hope is fun. Looking forward to visiting tomorrow!

Christine said...

Congratulations on you being done school! What a great accomplishment!