Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sex and the City


I LOVE this show. Yes, I know it is controversial at times, but there is no show that makes me laugh more. I watch the show when I happen to catch it on TV but that doesn't happen very often. It used to happen more when I had a lot more time on my hands.

For the past 2 weeks I have been staying at a friend's place while her and her husband are in Portugal and they happen to own all 6 seasons. So for the past 2 weeks I have indulged and have been watching each season faithfully in order to prepare myself for what was a very good day on Saturday. Saturday marked the day when Kristen, Aimee and myself went to see the movie! I went into the movie with high expectations and usually when that happens I walk away disappointed. However, that did not happen. It was an awesome movie filled with tons of laughing and possible moments where it felt like tears could fall down my cheeks.

When the 3 of us walked into the theater, we were all slightly taken aback when we saw the general audience. More then half of the people there appeared to be over the age of 50 - not bad, but not what I had expected. We found some great seats behind 2 little old ladies (probably in their 70's) and I all of a sudden felt a little uncomfortable. It was like watching the movie with my grandma. Now, I love my Grandma to bits, but this would be a movie she would NOT approve of. I quickly got over my discomfort once the movie started.

Now, some of you may be wondering how it is that I could find such enjoyment in this show/movie when all they do is talk about and have sex. It's true, that is the basic premise of the show, but I enjoy the friendships that these women share. It makes me incredibly thankful for the amazing friendships I have in my own life. The movie revolves around the friendship of these 4 women and how they trust each other with anything and everything in their lives - even if it doesn't always match the other person. Each women is accepted and loved unconditionally. They share the joys and the sorrows in each other's lives and I admire and treasure that.

So, if you haven't yet seen the movie and you want to, I would highly recommend seeing it. If you don't have that same craving, that's quite ok too!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Great minds think and post alike!!! Thanks for being a great friend! Love Ya!