Monday, June 9, 2008

A Baby and a Bachelorette

Sunday was jam packed with activity. All were good things, but it made for a very busy day. The morning started out with a baby shower for Norah and Kristy. This shower was a long time in the making as Aimee, Sabrina and I have been talking about it since the day Kristy told us she was pregnant. We are some very proud aunties and we are looking forward to all of the good times we all will get to share with Norah.










My fellow planners

It was neat to be able to celebrate with friends the blessing that Norah is and encourage Kristy as she and Graham raise Norah.




A few minutes into the shower, Norah decided that she no longer like the beautiful dress that her mommy had put her in, so she decided she needed to change by pooping on her dress and in no time she was put in a new outfit. Funny little girl.





Norah was full of cuddles yesterday. I think everyone got a good cuddle in with her. Who could resist a face like that??

Aunties

Auntie Steph

Auntie Jen

and auntie Kara
Sabrina, Aimee and myself worked hard at preparing the food. Our theme was an afternoon tea party so we baked up some yummy scones, croissants, muffins, cheesecake cupcakes, and cookies along with a variety of yummy fruits. We pulled out all of my mom and my china tea cups and tried to make it as authentic as possible. However, we did not have any shawls, gloves or tea hats to wear. Perhaps at our next tea party.












Opening Gifts





And finally, the day event would not have been complete with a picture of the Friesen girls. I love these girls dearly!
After a full afternoon of hosting, I headed off to another shower. This time for one for my very good friend Jodi. She is getting married this coming Friday so it was fun to go out and celebrate with her as she enters this new stage of life. Jodi and I have not had a lot of opportunity over the past couple of years due to sickness and busy schedules, but when we do find the time to enjoy each other's company we pick up right where we left off. To me, that's the sign of a great friendship.


Jodi, along with 12 of her closest friends enjoyed a fabulous meal at Tony Roma's before heading over to a bridesmaids house for a lingerie shower. Due to a pressing study schedule I had to skip out on the lingerie part, but still enjoyed a great dinner with the girls. As a little surprise from Jodi's sister, the Tony Roma's boys came out and sang a love song to her in front of the entire restaurant. Jodi handled it exteremly well - if it had been me I probably would have been mortified :)

Jodi, I look forward to being able to share your wedding day with you. It's been a long time in the making and I am so thankful for you in my life. Love you lots!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Good times yesterday, Kara. I look forward to more fun showers and celebrations of life events as the years go on. Next up...grad! Woo hoo!! Love you tons.

kerry and jo said...

Glad to see pictures of the shower you prepared. Thanks for the invite but it was church picnic day for us and it is always something we enjoy. sounds like you had a good time together. It's great that Norah has some aunties in the big city that she can get some loving from. Thinking of you as you prepare for Grad.