Saturday, June 7, 2008

Life

I am officially in the last few days of school and my mind is running on over drive. There don't seem to be enough hours in the day to complete all that I need to. Currently on my To Do list are the following:
  • Case study presentation
  • Studying for Remedial Exercise written and practical exams
  • Comprehensive Essay Take Home exam
  • Studying for Advanced Treatment practical and written exams


Yesterday I welcomed a much needed and anticipated study break with the Friesen girls. Kristy, Sabrina and I met at Polo Park to grab some coffee and do a few errands around the mall. Talk about killing 2 birds with one stone. That's my kind of planning. It was great to have conversation that consisted of content other then anatomy and massage. Plus, when you get some cuddles with some extremely cute kids, the day really couldn't have gotten any better.

I got feed Gavin his first Starbucks (don't worry - there was only water in the cup, but he thought it was pretty great).


When I haven't been studying over the past few days I have been busy preparing for an enchanted tea party baby shower for Kristy and Norah tomorrow afternoon. I am pumped to have the girls over here and spend some time celebrating both Kristy and Norah. Pictures to come in the next few days.

Last week monday I went car shopping. For the past 5 years I have done pretty well not owning a car and getting around. However, with a job around the corner and now living back in North Kildonan, the time has come for me to finally buy a car. My car will hopefully be parked in my driveway at the end of next week, but it all depends on the craziness of my schedule.
After car shopping, my mom, dad, Derek and I enjoyed some yummy, creamy ice-cream at BDI. Oh how I love the vanilla cone dipped in chocolate and nuts. YUM!

Even Bailey was able to enjoy some of the goodness.


Being back at home has been good. Life here is completely different then when I lived here in high school. We all seem to enjoy each other's presence a lot more and suddenly the house doesn't seem as small as it once did. I have moved back into my brother's old bedroom as my previous room was quickly snatched up 5 years ago when I first left. The room is quite small, but quaint as I like to call it. Somehow I have managed to cram most of what I need into that small space. I am quite impressed with myself and my organizing abilities. These are my new digs:

Until next time, it's time to get back to the books!

1 comment:

Amber said...

quaint indeed! your room looks very cozy...i'm happy that you have settled in so easily. all the best as you finish up your school to do list!! almost there!!!! go kara go!