Friday, February 29, 2008

Sick...Ugh

It's been a very rough 2 1/2 days of flu. Thankfully this particular flu has not included any throwing up or anything, but has been a case of the chills and fever. I'm just starting to get my appetite back and my fever finally broke last night. My head is still out of control with a throbbing headache, but I am used to that by now. Looking in the mirror this morning I was taken aback by my awful appearance. If anyone wants to know what 2 1/2 days of laying down and sweating looks like, it's quite frightning. My neck is quite swollen, but I guess that's a good thing because that means my lymph system is working at getting all the sickness out of my body.
Dan, Bonnie and Cole left for Minneapolis last night, so I headed over to my parents so that I wouldn't be alone. I forgot how good it feels to have someone take care of you when your sick. So far my family has been wonderful by constantly refilling my cup of tea, bringing me chicken noodle soup and letting me pick the tv shows. They are good to me. I have to give my dad the thumbs up because I think last night he endured more TLC shows than he ever cared to.

This morning I am feeling a lot better, but I am still pretty weak. Every muscle in my body aches and requires 10 times more effort to do things than it normally does. I am hoping that I am able to recruit enough muscle strength to get through the massive amounts of homework that I need to get through before tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You poor thing! I remember the flu...it was only a couple of weeks ago. I hope you bounce back quickly and recover. That's great that you have family support!
I missed you at church last night. Get better!! I'll pray that you can get some schoolwork done.

Love,
Jess