Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Update

Despite the cold weather Winnipeg has been experiencing this past month, it still seems to have flown right by. I can't believe that next week is already the beginning of March. Crazy! Before I know it, it will be June and I will be graduating. That's even more crazy to think about. This past week I applied for another job. This brings the total to 2. A part of me is super excited about getting back to work and actually having somewhat of a disposable income, however it's also kind of scary and nerve wracking. Right now I am just praying that I find a clinic and a place that is right for me, believes in the same approach of healing and massage and that I would be confident in my skills and abilities and that I would not feel anxious about heading into this new stage of life. I know God has great things planned for me and I am excited to see where they will lead me.

Life is good. I wish I had more exciting things to share. Other then going to school, studying and occassionally hanging out with wonderful friends, my life doesn't really consist of much else. I desperately wish that I had more time to spend with God. The time we do spend together seems distracted or gets interrupted by To Do lists, phone calls, a 5 year old and sleep. That being said, I can't say that there is anything better then falling asleep in the arms of Jesus when you are just exhuasted and talking seems like way too much work. Isn't that what he longs for us to do? He wants to be a part of every aspect of our lives, even our sleep. But I must admit that I very much miss the daily devotions and the reading of my bible. I need to do these things more often.

Headaches are the worst. I don't know how many people deal with chronic headaches, but in my opinion, there is nothing worse then a headache that does not go away. You go to sleep with one and wake up with one. I have an appointment to see my doctor but the soonest I could get in was at the end of March. Apparently I am not "sick" enough to get in sooner. Go figure. The medication I have been given for my head has lost its affect. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with my head after I am done school and don't have the added stress of studying in my life. Very curious.
Speaking of headaches, I think I need to go and lay down for a bit to try and take the edge off so that I can have an evening of productive studying tonight.

2 comments:

grahamandkristy said...

Hey dearest!! Glad to hear taht things are going pretty well...but those pesky headaches...don't they know when to go away?? Thinking of you and will pray that they give you a break today: the headaches that is!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the headaches continue to plague you. We saw "Juno" last night. It was that or "Atonement" and we decided to go for laughing and feel-good!