Monday, February 25, 2008

Weddings and all that Jazz

It was another pretty good weekend, however it flew right by once again. My weekend was full of hanging out with AMAZING friends and family. Friday night I was able to spend the evening chilling out with Aimee. It was so low key. I love that. We watched the movie "In the Land of Women". Strange. I'm not sure what to say about it exactly. When it ended our reaction was "hmm". That was it.


Saturday I got together with Toni. We enjoyed homemade buns and chicken rice soup, both of which Toni made herself. I'm not sure who this new person is, but I like her. Toni is not one to be known for her culinary abilities, but she pulled it out on Saturday and it was delightful. I enjoy her so much. There is no one else that can bring the things she brings out in me that she does. It would seem that all we ever do together is laugh. Of course we do have our deeper conversations as well, but we bring out so much joy in each other and I love that! After a wonderful lunch, we went for a walk to enjoy the warmth of the sun and the fresh spring smelling air. Eventually we ended up at Cornelia Bean (no, we didn't walk - we weren't feeling that ambitious) and bought the most amazing teas. I was inspired by Heidi to pick up some more of the yummy Pina Colada Roobois tea and also discovered a new tea...African Summer Roobois. Both are incredible and I would highly recommend both of them.


Sunday was wedding day. Unfortunately, not mine, but my cousins. The wedding was beautiful. The ceremony was only 25 min long - short and sweet and the food at the reception was extremely tasty. That particular side of the family has its differences among each other, but it was nice to see that for 1 day everyone could put their differences aside and enjoy the celebration in front of us.


The Ceremony















Waiting for Nikki

























A prayer of blessing for the couple






























The Reception








The reception was held in this beautiful building in Niverville called the Heritage Center. It was so pretty. My favorite part was the giant staircase in the middle of the room that parted ways at the top. The room was all very simple but yet very elegant.






My cousins Loreena & Lorissa



Kevin & Derek




Me and my brothers


Speeches














We very quckly discovered that speeches are not a strength of our family. The bride's family gave such wonderful speeches and ours were interesting. Funny at times, but perhaps only to the family. Thankfully they weren't very long :)

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I recently discovered Moody Manitoba Roobois tea and loved it.