Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's becoming official

So, it would appear that the end of my schooling is becoming official. This past week I accepted a practicum at an awesome clinic that will most likely lead to a job in the end. How exciting! I am super pumped about this and at the same time quite nervous. I am going to be working at Hamilton Healing, which is located on the corner of Osborne and Rathgar (1 block north of Jubilee) with an amazing group of therapists. 2 of the therapists there are supervisors at my school, so that's how I got the job. I have so much to learn from them and having very skilled therapists to work alongside makes the whole experience seem a lot less nerve wracking.
The start date of my practicum is not yet finalized, but I'm guessing that in the next week or 2 all will be good and I will get to start getting paid for my massages. Very cool!

3 comments:

Janessa said...

wow kara, that's awesome! i'm very excited for you. it's neat hearing about how much you enjoy what you're doing - that's so important!! good luck with your practicum - maybe i'll come by and give you business!!

Sabrina said...

Kara!!! That is fabulous!! So exciting. And what a great location...maybe we'll have to have a lunch date every so often - it's quite close to us.

I am just so pumped for you and the exciting times that are ahead. Congratulations on landing a sweet-o practicum locale.

And this week Wednesday works if you want to come this way, as Ken has the car for men's group, or if not, Thursday evening at 8ish works to meet at Starbucks...let me know if you're feeling up for it. If you just need to rest and get 100%, we'll raincheck.

Love love.

Amber said...

That's an answer to prayer! I'm so glad you were offered a place to do your practicum in a clinic that you are excited about and can see yourself accepting a job at later on!! Congrats Kara!

Also, thanks so much for the encouragment on my blog today. It means more than you know and you have boosted my spirits big time. So thanks. May God bless you for being a blessing to others!