Monday, February 18, 2008

Low Key Weekend

It's been a great long weekend (never have I been so thankful for Louis Riel) and I am sad to see it come to an end. Dan & Bonnie went away for the weekend with Cole, so I had the house to myself. However, as I began to anticipate the upcoming weekend on Thursday night, I really wasn't looking forward to spending the entire weekend all by myself and stuck without a car. So, I called up my parents and asked to spend the weekend at their house. I have to say it was a great weekend spent with my family. If you would have asked me 2 years ago if I would be spending the weekend voluntarily at my parent's place, I would have thought you were crazy. It's funny how things change and how by extending grace can change the dynamics of the family so much. I guess I have grown up. Who ever thought? It's cool to see how God works in our lives.



Friday night my mom and I spent the evening watching numerous episodes of What Not To Wear and drank yummy Raspberry Iced Tea Lemonades with Passion Tea from Starbucks. What more could possibly make the night any better.


Saturday I had the most perfect day. I have a family wedding next weekend and I needed some shoes to wear with my dress, so my mom and I headed out to the mall on a mission. I found an awesome pair of shoes that were on sale for 50% off the original price and then if I used a Sears credit card I got to take an extra 30% off the already discounted price. Thankfully my mom has a Sears credit card so in the end I only had to pay $20. I am never that lucky with deals. I got to spend the remainder of the day my girls (Aimee & Kristy). We enjoyed a very yummy poutine for supper and did some puzzling and catching up before heading out to church. I have to be honest, I really did not feel like going to church, being social and all that, but I went and got to spend the service holding Gavin and getting some awesome cuddles and smiles in. I think I got to see God in Gavin far more than I would have gotten out of the service that day. After church a few of us went to see the movie "P.s. I Love You". What an incredibly sad movie. I think I must have cried enough tears to fill a margerine container. No joke! I can't remember the last time I spent so much time crying. I definitely won't be watching that movie again only because it was so sad. It was a good movie overall though.

The rest of the weekend was fairly low key. This afternoon Dominika and I made breakfas together and played games like Boggle and Scattegories. I miss days like today. I spent very little time doing homework this weekend and I have to say, I feel great. My head needed a break. I am just hoping that I don't end up paying for this in my classes this week. Oh well. I had talked a couple weeks ago about the importance and understated days of taking a sabbath. Well, this weekend was a wonderful sabbath. I am hoping that I can now head into the week ahead with a fresh mind and renewed energy. The short week of school will be nice too :)

2 comments:

grahamandkristy said...

Glad that you had such a good weekend. It's nice to have time to relax and not think about school/work. It was great hanging out with you on Saturday!! I love you to pieces and I am so thankful for such an amazing friend!!

Janessa said...

that sounds like a delightful weekend. i had a day off a while ago with my parents and we just hung out all day. it was weird but it was really awesome at the same time.