Monday, November 5, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Cole and I had a special weekend together. Dan & Bonnie went away to the Whiteshell and I looked after Cole. Friday night we had a very low key evening. Normally we try and go swimming at Pan Am on Friday nights, but this past week I was just not feeling good with my headaches, so trying to conquer Pan Am pool with a bunch of kids screaming and splasing around me did not seem possible. So instead we rented Ice Age 2, ate supper and had snacks in front of the tv while watching the movie in our pajamas and cuddled up together under blankets. It was a perfect evening.

Saturday morning was very low key also. Cole and I made Chocolate chip pancakes together and then spent some time playing video games. Cole doesn't get a lot of time playing nintendo, but to be honest, I wasn't feeling great and laying in bed playing video games worked well with my head, but also gave him something "special" to do. It was a win win.

Saturday afternoon Cole and I picked up his friend Sam and the 3 of us headed down to the Manitoba Museum. We had a good time together. I was very impressed at how well the boys did and how interested they were in learning about the different exhibits. That being said, I was disappointed with the Nonsuch. It had been awhile since I, myself had visited the museum, but apparently now they time you while you are on the boat. You can only go on the boat for 8 minutes and a maximum of 10 people are allowed on at a time. There was this drill sargaent woman making sure EVERYONE knew that you were NOT allowed to touch the ropes and had to go down the stairs backwards. It got to the point where it was no fun for the boys, so we got off and continued to make our way through the museum.










After visiting the general museum, we went downstairs to "Touch the Universe". Again it had been awhile since I had been there myself, but I think the boys had a good time trying to rebuild a bridge (Dan would have been proud - he's a structural engineer) and building boats and then racing them. All in all it was a pretty good day.


In the Kaleidascope room


Enjoying a Snack Break











































Sunday I spent the day at my parents for the most part. Again, it was a very low key kind of day. We did venture out to Costco, which was a HUGE mistake. The craziness of people after Halloween buying Christmas stuff already astounds me. I can't even tell you how many humungus snow globes I saw in people's shopping carts. I didn't think people bought those anymore. Apparently I was wrong.

Funny story though: While at my parents, the cat escaped outside as he sometimes manages to do. Eventually he comes home and we let him back in. After supper I opened the back door to see if Kitty (yes, that's his name) was waiting there. Sure enough, he comes running back inside and straight downstairs. I followed him because I was going to dry off his feet before he got the floor muddy. I noticed he was rolling something around on the floor and then saw it scoot away. It was a mouse!!!! I FREAKED out and ran upstairs yelling for my dad to go and catch the mouse kitty had brought inside. If there is one thing that scares me, it's mice. My mom also began to freak out, so my dad heroically went downstairs, caught the mouse and flushed down the toilet. It wasn't a big mouse, but it was still gross. My mom, myself and the dog all waited upstairs until my dad gave us the go ahead to come downstairs again. We now need to inspect Kitty carefully when he comes in from outside. Hopefully my dad or one of my brothers will be home when we need to do that. If not, my mom is in trouble and you will most likely find her in her room with the door locked and towels shoved under the door. If I happen to be there, that's where you will find me also :)


On a seperate note, I was supposed to hear from my doctor today regarding the results from my CT. No results yet. I'm getting anxious. I praying for patience and peace as I continue to wait.

1 comment:

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

I love hearing about all the things you and Cole do together! The museum's a great idea - I've been meaning to go.
I hope you hear good news from your doctor today.