Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tis the Season...

I have had a pretty good day. My headaches have been not as bad today as they have been in the last few days AND my class this afternoon was cancelled. What more could I ask for? There was nothing I really needed to be studying, so I took the afternoon off. It was wonderful. This afternoon the house was all mine and so Christmas music echoed in every room. I had the urge to begin my holiday decorating. I put up my little tree up on my 3rd floor and strung garland down the railing. The soft glow of lights and the aroma of some nicely lit candles was so peaceful and relaxing. It was very much welcomed in my mind and I felt as if I could breathe a little bit.
My plan for this upcoming weekend is to start my Christmas baking. This year on the agenda are the following cookies:
  • Peanut Butter Balls
  • Sugar Cookies
  • Cream Wafers
  • Naniamo Bar
  • Shortbread
  • Sour Cream Cookies
  • Poppycock (it's a caramel type popcorn)
  • Nuts & Bolts (a trail mix sort of munchie mix)
  • Gingerbread

We'll see how this list goes and perhaps maybe some other desserts will be added.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures of my decorating efforts today:















Up the stairwell to the 3rd Floor












My "Sitting/Office" Area

3 comments:

Heidi Reimer-Epp said...

That's an amazing list, but what's even more amazing is that....YOU DON"T EAT THE STUFF, right? :)

Jessica said...

That's so great that you had the afternoon off! I can totally picture you singing and moving around the house to Christmas music. Good to hear the head is feeling better today, too! I'm going to have to help you eat those delicious sounding goodies.

Josh and Laurie Pauls said...

Hi Kara!
I love the Christmas season and love that you spent your afternoon listening to great music and decorating your space! Looks Great! Josh and I would be more than willing to taste test your Christmas goodies. = )