Sunday, November 11, 2007

Procrastination

I must be completely honest. I did NOT do a very good job studying this weekend. In fact, I hardly touched my books at all. I just didn't seem to have the head space for it. Instead I tried to fill my time doing things that brought some joy to my life and studying Joint Mobility just wasn't doing it for me.

Friday Cole and I went swimming together with our friends, Gary, Mary, Ella & Sophie. It's neat to watch the 3 kids interact and push each other to try new things in the water. We try to go swimming almost every Friday, although it doesn't always work out that way, but when we can't go, it is definitely something we miss. We just have a lot of fun together. I wish I had pictures to portray the amount of fun going on, but they no longer allow cameras in pool areas. What sad world we live in when we can't even take pictures of our kids have fun swimming in the water. Swimming is always followed by a special treat at Tim Hortons and then home to bed (sometimes for both Cole and I).

Saturday morning I had to be at school at 9am for a special event. We held our 2nd Annual Fundraiser for the Humane Society, so my class along with some of the other students at the school gave people 1 hour massages when they donated at least $20 to the Humane Society. We were booked up solid for the entire morning. I was exhausted by the end of my time, but is wasn't anything that some retail therapy couldn't fix. After our special event, Jenn and I decided to go to Polo Park to boost our spirits. I used up the remainder of my birthday money and got some great sweaters and some lululemon attire. It was quite wonderful. However, by the time I got home, I was completely wiped, so I napped for a little bit for heading out to church with Cole.





Dan & Bonnie were at a fundraising banquet for the evening, so it was just me and Cole after church. By that point in the day I had ZERO energy left. I did a lot more than I should have in the day and my head paid for it, that's for sure!




On Sundays I usually hang out at my parents for the day. The newspaper had some awesome coupons for Michaels in there, so my mom, myself and my aunt ventured out to find us some Christmas decorations, cardstock and an awesome set of cookie cutters. I was pretty stoked about the cookie cutters. I have had such a hard time trying to find neat looking cookie cutters both Christmas themed and also baby themed (as it would seem all of my friends are deciding to have kids and will be needing baby showers). Well, I found this great set of 40 cutters for $8.00 (with the 50% off coupon) and I am beyond excited to start my Christmas baking very soon. Perhaps even next weekend.

When we returned home from shopping I was once again wiped, so I just lounged around on the couch watching football and attempting to do some studying. I figured I should at least make some effort to know the material considering my final exam is on Tuesday of this week. Yikes! For some reason I just don't seem to care. Joint Mobilization is just not a priority in my head these days. I have other things to consume my mind.

I am putting together an awesome gift for my mom for Christmas. She never reads my blog, so I am safe to say what it is on here. My parents just finished redoing their basement/rec room and my mom has been wanting to find something to go on the walls. So I have been collecting pictures of us kids and my parents over the years and am having them blown up and framed so that she has something to put on her walls. I'm pretty excited about the gift. Looking through my pictures, I didn't really seem to have any really good ones of my brothers, so this evening I dragged my brothers outside to try and take some good pictures of them. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. We're going to try again on Tuesday night and hopefully we'll get some good ones.
Here are some of the ones that I am considering.


No comments: