Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Soccer

This year Cole is playing soccer and tonight was the first game I got to go and watch. It was only the 2nd game of the season, but it was the CUTEST thing ever. I didn't realize how different the rules were for kids ages 5 and under. First of all, there are only 3 kids on the field at a time. Secondly, both teams split themselves in half so most of the kids end up playing most of the game. And thirdly, snack lasted longer than the entire 2 halves.

I think the best quote I heard all night was this:

Kid - "Coach, someone is trying to steal our ball."

Coach - "No Madison, that is just the other team."



I laughed so hard (of course not in front of the poor kid). I was glad I could go and watch tonight's game because Cole scored his first goal. He was so proud of himself and I was pretty proud also. He couldn't wipe the grin off of his face. I was impressed at how focused he was considering most of the kids pick dandelions and swing on the goal posts.

This was Cole's very proud face after scoring the goal







The Pre-Game Shot



His pose in this picture looks as though he is a pro

Cole and I after the game

No comments: