Monday, April 30, 2007

Pirates and Ethnic Potlucks

I can't believe that it is almost May already. Where has the time gone? It seems as though this whole year has just flown right by. This past weekend flew right by too. I spent the weekend at my parent's place, which was good.

Friday night my mom, grandma and I went to the MBCI musical "Pirates of Penzance". The musical was phenomenal. A lot of the leads were in grade 9 or 10 and when I saw that in the program, I have to admit my expectations were not high. Then these characters opened their mouths and sang and my jaw dropped to the floor. I hadn't heard voices like that in a very long time. They were phenomenal. The whole production was amazing. The musicals have definitely improved since I had been there.

Saturday I sat on the deck in my parent's backyard and studied, enjoying the gorgeous weather. I am now a nice shade of pink, but it's not too bad. Hopefully it will turn into a nice base tan. Ok, nevermind, who am I kidding? I don't tan. It's my wishful thinking though. Perhaps this summer I won't remain quite so pasty as I have in past summers. Saturday night after church our young adults from church had an ethnic potluck at Steph's place. The food was amazing. There was everything from thai chicken curry to spicy noodles to Australian pub fries to wareneke (cottage cheese perogies). I think we need to do this more often because the food was just that good. I had planned to take some pictures of the spread, but I was so concentrated on eating that I forgot.

Sunday I just lounged around all day. It was so nice not needing to do anything. Technically I could have stayed in my pajamas all day and that would have been ok. I could have spent more time studying, but I just didn't. It'll be a busy week.

In fact, that's what I should do right now before I need to be at school for 11:30.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They have created a set of rules based on what they feel will attract racers to AHLMR and promise to offer safe, family fun at AHLMR events. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bags[/url] Using the pronoun "I" is almost always acceptable in personal writing, and the pronoun "you" is almost always acceptable in letters and how-to's. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose women parka[/url] Twnvqmpvi
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets sale[/url] Csfapglvj [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet toronto[/url] mndfuxsxx