Saturday, May 26, 2007

Enough with the Rain

"Rain, Rain, Go Away! Come again another day!"


I cannot count how many times I have caught myself singing this song this week. I am sooooo tired of the rain. It is a good thing I don't live in BC cuz I just don't think I could do it. I tend to get terrible migraines with the rain due to all of the barometric pressure and the cloudiness. It sucks. I can't wait to see the sun again.

It has been a very low key sort of week. I have not ventured far from the house due to the miserable weather. On rainy days there is nothing I would like more to do than curl up under a blanket on my bed and watch a movie in pajamas all day long. Unfortunately this is not a possibility due to the mound of homework that awaits me.


This morning I enjoyed a wonderful coffee breakfast at Starbucks with Aimee. It was great to get out of the house, even if it was pouring rain out. Somehow sitting in a coffee shop drinking a delicious warm drink and talking with a friend is a perfect thing to do when the weather outside is dreadful.



Currently I am in my last few days of "unstressfulness" (I'm not sure if that's even a word, but I think you understand the gist of what I am saying) before my final exams start. It's crazy to think that I have almost finished my first year of school. Where did the time go? It seems like only yesterday I was beginning this crazy, intense journey and yet at the same time, it seems as if I have been friends with these people forever. Next Saturday will be the beginning of my 3 week hibernation from society. I apologize to everyone in advance if I do not return phone calls or emails. Please do not take it personally. Think of it as a blessing as I will probably be very stressed and tense :) I have a couple of fun things planned in the upcoming week to celebrate the end of school, such as pedicures, so I am looking forward to that.

Well I should get back to the books. I hope everyone is finding some enjoyable way to spend this dreary and rainy day.
Cheers!

1 comment:

bre said...

actually, i would rather have a rainy day than a hot sunny day, so i am doing pretty good with this weather. sorry it's not quite the blessing to you as it is to me!