Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day and Ice Cream

It was another very busy weekend. I am not quite sure where the weekend went. Today my family spent the day celebrating my mom and my grandma's. It was a busy day. We got together with both my mom and my dad's sides of the family for bbq's. The food was all a little too yummy because I ate more than my fair share of food and for the most part, conversations were good.
Mom and Grandma

For Mother's Day I was in charge of bringing the dessert for one of the family gatherings, so I decided to bake a cake. It is called the topsy turvy cake and I thought it turned out rather well and it tasted good, so that was a bonus.




Right after our lunch, my brother and my cousin decided that they were going to install a cd player in my cousin's car. It was quite entertaining to watch them figure out how to do this because neither one of them has ever installed a cd player before. I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat on the grass just watching them. Good times.


I love summer. I really do, especially when it involves going for walks and eating ice cream. To me, that is what summer is all about.
Last night after our church service, some girlfriends and I headed over to BDI for some yummy small twist cones, dipped in chocolate and nuts for a treat. The half hour wait was well worth the deliciousness of the ice cream. The evening was beautiful and I very much enjoyed the opportunity to catch up with friends and just to spend time talking. I am so blessed to have a great group of girlfriends.








Above: The whole group: Lauren, Aimee, Me, Sabrina & Kristy

Left: Sabrina and I

I think Sabrina wins for the biggest lips in this picture!

1 comment:

Amber said...

That is a cool cake!