Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May Long

This past weekend was not the long weekend I was hoping for. Friday after I was done clinic (which went very well by the way), my family picked me up from school and we headed out to the cabin. I was very much looking forward to a whole weekend spent doing nothing except to enjoy my weekend at the lake. Apparently mother nature had different plans. I was wanting to be able to sit on the deck in the sun and read a good book, but instead I sat inside, watched a ton of great movies, along with some not-so-great movies and did 2 puzzles. Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed myself and my time out at the cabin, but 10 degree weather was not what I was hoping for.

Saturday I was able to do some baking with my mom. We made a rather large apple pie and peanut butter cookies, all of which were completely gone by the time Monday came around. I ate WAY too much. It seems as though when I am with my family, all I do is eat. I hate it when that happens.

When we got into the city on Monday, we arrived to a beautiful blue sky and 22 degree weather (10 degrees warmer than what we experienced just an hour previous to our arrival). Thankfully, I got a phone call from Kristy and we decided to go for a bike ride and ice cream (I know, shocking). We enjoyed sitting in Assiniboine Park along the grass by the river, enjoying our very messy ice cream and the warm rays of the sun. It was the perfect way to end a great weekend.

No comments: