Monday, January 15, 2007

A Start to a Much Better Week

I am happy to report that my spirits are in a much better place these days. After my last post, there was really no where else to go but up. I had a great weekend which is probably the main cause for my increase in spirits. I took some time for some much needed sleep and nourishing my own soul. I did have an exam this morning, so I did spend some time reviewing some notes and stuff, but other than that, my weekend was nice and relaxed.

Friday night Dan, Bonnie, Cole and I spent the night at home, ordered chinese food and just hung out. They left for Mexico first thing Saturday morning, so it was our last night together for 2 weeks. The house is so quiet. Almost eerie sometimes. I am going to miss them like crazy, but I am going to relish in the silence and the time with my own thoughts in this big old quiet house. I suppose it is a good thing that final exams are going on now, as I have little distraction which forces me to buckle down and study.

On Saturday afternoon, my friend Lavonne came over for a massage. I am practicing for my final exam practical. I need to get my relaxation massage down to 59-60 minutes on the dot. I am now at 1:02. After Lavonne's massage, we played playmobil. I love playmobil (apparently so does Lavonne), so we spent a good 45 min - an hour setting up the house. There is a different story to every room. It was so much fun playing like a kid again.

Saturday night was church. The sermon was great. Thanks Carolyn! The sermon was entitled "Fine Wine Living". I belive you can listen to the sermon on the FaithWorks website (www.efaithworks.ca). It was living in the joy of Christ. It was taken from the Wedding at Cana in the book of John and how all the signs point to life in Christ and the joy that it brings. So after the service, Bre, Melodie and I decided to do our own "fine wine living" by heading over to Saucers Cafe for some food and coffee. Good times were had by all. It was great spending time catching up with these girls and listening to the work God is doing in their lives. God is definitely a good God!!!

This is the drink I orderded. It was called the Mad Monk. Here Melodie is posing with the drinking...imitating the so called mad monk. I ordered it specifically for the name, but you should never judge a drink by its name cuz it was not very good at all. The kahlua, the Baileys and some other weird type of alcohol were in there and it was WAY too strong!! Next time I will stick to the Latte.

Sunday was spent mostly studying for my exam. Aimee came over for her massage in the afternoon and then we headed over to my home away from home...Starbucks for a good latte. It had been a very long time since I had gotten together with Aimee, so it was a much needed catch up time.

Following coffee I headed over to my parents for some good homeade chicken soup for supper. There is nothing like homemade soup when its -35 outside. It just warms you to the core and it was nice to be able to spend some time at home.

So that was my weekend. It was very much needed nourishment for my spirit and soul.


1 comment:

Zac said...

I had no idea Melodie could look like such a "Mad Monk". Hmmm....is there something about her past she hasn't been telling me about?


I did find it kinda strange the other day to find her sitting cross legged with a bunch of candles surrounding her and a statue of Buddha in front of her. I thought is was some kinda new Yoga technique or something.

*Kidding of course*

Umm...Kara...you rock! Keep lovin' life and playing with toy houses.