Monday, January 1, 2007

75 Things About Me

1. Slurpees are my drink of choice. I have approximately one a day.
2. I am in massage therapy at the Massage Therapy College of Manitoba. I will graduate June of 2008.
3. I am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers, Kevin and Derek
4. I live with my friend Bonnie, her husband and her almost 4 year old boy Cole
5. Cole is the light and joy of my life.
6. I love to play volleyball and basketball, although I haven't played very much in the last 4 years.
7. This summer I played on an Ultimate Frisbee team with friends from church. We weren't very good, but we had a lot of fun.
8. I love to worship God through music.
9. I love to laugh so hard that it eventually brings me to tears.
10. I struggle with depression and must rely on medication to make the day run effectively.
11. I love children and this summer I am running a daycare.
12. I love to bake - this is a new found joy since I have started school and has become a source of procrastination from studying.
13. I love good conversations
14. Sitting in Starbucks or Second Cup talking with a friend is my definition of time well spent
15. I have an addiction to TV, especially with Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, The OC, and America's Next Top Model
16. I love spending time at the cabin. It has so many good memories.
17. I miss my Grandpa a lot. He died 5 1/2 years ago - he was one of my best friends.
18. I love to read books like the Shopaholic series
19. I have a shopping addiction and my favorite shopping partner is Jodi
20. I am terrible with money
21. I live in the heart of Corydon Village
22. I love mozza sticks. mmmm...deep fried cheese
23. I love the Backstreet Boys - Aimee, Jess and Janessa are my allies in this love. Summer 2005, the 4 of us drove down to Minneapolis to see them. It was the greatest weekend of my life. We played bsb the entire way down and back. It was glorious.
24. I have little tolerance for stupid people
25. I am one of the few people in this world that does NOT like chocolate
26. I don't like eating ground beef. I would much rather eat chicken. If I needed to, I could live without meat altogether.
27. I don't have my ears pierced, but I do have my nose pierced
28. I bite my nails
29. When I get bored, I like to rearrange furniture
30. I like taking pictures
31. My favorite time of the year is fall
32. I enjoy tubing and waterskiing in the summer at the cabin
33. I love to play boggle
34. I love all fruit
35. My first summer job was working at Safeway - I hated it
36. I hate the sound of ice grinding together. It gives me the shivers
37. I have only had one boyfriend
38. I love Jesus with all my heart
39. Mary Reimer is my "hero". She is the most incredible woman I know and I love her to bits
40. I don't really enjoy taking baths, but I have discovered that it is a great studying location as there are no other distractions.
41. I have a crazy obsession with cleaning my ears. I hate the idea of wax in my ears
42. I have broken my arm 4 times and they all happened to occur the 2nd weekend in January for 4 years in a row while playing basketball. I broke my foot last February.
43. I love to eat sandwiches
44. I need to have a clean kitchen in order to feel good.
45. I love Pumpkin Spice Latte's from Starbucks
46. My favorite food of all time is Wareneke with cottage cheese and white sauce and nobody makes them like my grandma.
47. I have not lived at home for 3 years
48. My pet peeve is when things have rhythmic noises such as ticking clocks. It drives me batty
49. I am an impatient driver, but I am learning to have more patience with people.
50. When I was in grade 11 my basketball coach and I had a competition who could eat at the most McDonalds in Winnipeg. Looking back, what was I thinking?
51. I have never taken drivers ed. I learned on my own
52. I love hearing children laugh
53. I love snuggling up with Cole before bed and laying with him until he falls asleep.
54. My dream trip would be to go to Europe. That is my plan the day after I graduate
55. I can't tan in the summer. I either remain pasty white or burn to a crisp
56. I believe that prayer has a huge impact on people
57. One of my favorite times in the week is when I can go to church and just be with God. Sometimes I need that excuse of a set time to be with God.
58. I love nachos. I am a firm believer that a good batch of nachos constitutes as a good supper.
59. I have never gotten a speeding ticket, but I have gotten into 2 accidents
60. In elementary school I had a "wacky tuesday" with a friend of mine. Every tuesday we would dress up in neon tights, shorts, suspenders, tye-dyed shirts, and mismatching shoes.
61. I love to listen to old Amy Grant music from the 80's.
62. When I was a little girl, I loved taping and filming myself singing and dancing on the coffee table and I'm pretty sure they will be brought out at my wedding.
63. I love to dance.
64. I wish I would have taken ballet when I was younger.
65. I like theatre. I especially like watching my friend Toni perform. She is an incredible actress
66. I don't like animals that scurry or slither such as snakes or mice
67. When I was 2 1/2 I drove my mom's car through the garage.
68. I have only been in 1 wedding party
69. I love my morning routine with Cole, breakfast and watching Backyardigans before school
70. I love to walk outside. My favorite time to walk is when it is still snowing or a late summer evening. I am always looking for walking partners. Give me a call if you want to go for a walk.
71. I don't really like eating lunch.
72. I could eat cereal all day
73. One day I want to be on the Amazing Race
74. Despite the cold winters, I love Winnipeg.
75. I have been to see a Broadway musical in New York

No comments: