Saturday, November 29, 2008

Super Saturday

This morning marked the end of a fantastic volleyball season for my grade 9 girls. We won the division finals against a team we hadn't had a great record against. We came out and blew them out of the water essentially. What a rush!

Prior to our game, the girls came over to my place for a team breakfast. I used to do this with my team when I played and it was an important part of the team and I wanted to give these girls a little bit of that. My house was a lot louder then it typically is at 9am, but we did what we had to do in order to get pumped up for the game.


The girls played phenomenal. There were a few nail biting moments, but isn't that how final games are supposed to be? If there were easy games then it wouldn't really be much of a final game.

WE WON!!!!!!

The last team huddle!


Our season was outstanding overall. I enjoyed every minute spent with these girls and my fellow coaches, and I am looking forward to coaching again next year. It's been neat to be able to be a part of these lovely ladies' lives.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Yeah girls! So pumped that you were able to be a part of these ladies lives this year. What a neat thing for them to have someone so inspiring to look up to! Glad you were able to pull out a winning season too, much more fun that way!

Christine said...

That is so great that you guys won Kara! Good job! The breakfast thing is a great idea!

Aimee said...

That's wonderful that you won!! Yahoo! You are a cool coach :)