Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Favorite Things

Over the past few weeks I have come to enjoy some simple pleasures.


I know there are lots of people who are reading this book at the moment and I'm not typically one to read "trendy" Christian books, but this book came highly recommended so I gave it a try and it was amazing to say the least. After reading the book, cover to cover in about 2 days I was left craving the presence of Jesus like Mack in the book. I was so drawn into the different way of seeing God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit - my eyes were opened to see with new eyes. One of my favorite lines from the book is this:


"This mess is You! Together, you and I , we have been working with a purpose in your heart. And it is wild and beautiful and perfectly in process. To you it seems like a mess, but to me, I see a perfect pattern emerging and growing and alive - a living fractal."

I like that because it reminds me that we all have this messiness about us that looks gross and undesirable from our stand point. But when looked on from above it depicts a beautiful picture that displays all the goodness and grace that God extends to us.




I LOVE these boys. I have been listening to their cd's for the past day and have been drawn back into the memories of my younger days when my bedroom walls were plastered with their faces - specifically AJ's and I sang at the top of my lungs making up dances. Ahhh, those were the days.










Sex & the City. I bought this movie a couple weeks ago and I must confess that I have watched it countless times. To be able to laugh out loud in a room all by yourself is truly a joyful thing.











Normally I like my latte's and fancy drinks when I visit Starbucks, but lately I have been on a streak of ordering just plain coffee - the Estima blend to be exact. My favorite.







I have begun my winter of puzzling. I have finished 2 puzzles in the last 2 weeks. Either that says that I have no life or I am up WAY too late at night putting the pieces together. It's just so darn addicting and whenever I tell myself that I am going to bed, I begin a streak of putting a bunch together and the time rolls on. It's so peaceful and delightful.






Night time walks. I have volunteered for the past few nights to take the dog for her evening walk. It has been so peaceful to walk among the crisp snow and ponder life while enjoying the presence of Jesus. It's been great conversation time for me and Jesus.










The Christmas music has begun in our house. Now that the yard is covered in a soft blanket of snow, the reality of Christmas is just around the corner and that means in 5 short weeks I will be chillin on a beach in Hawaii!!!










This is a book a got for my birthday. It is filled with wonderful, creative, baking goodness. I am stoked to get started on creating some beautiful cupcakes and wedding cakes.











Spoon Jeans. These are my sexy jeans that I bought at Winners for $23. They make me feel hot and I like that feeling.

2 comments:

grahamandkristy said...

you are hot...it's not just a feeling!!

Aimee said...

Love the new template!!!!! And I love reading your posts!!! xoxox