Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quietness

This week so far has been a quiet week in many ways and I must admit that it kinda feels nice! My schedule and list of things to do this week is minimal and much more manageable then last week. Although work is NOT quiet this week, I have made it so today by calling in with a brutal headache - I'm probably not in a state to drive, so home on the couch with a book or a movie is how I will spend the day.

There is a quietness in my soul too. That is not to say that there is a lack of God moving because He is transforming me like never before and I LOVE it!!! The quietness in my soul this week can probably be described as more of a peace. I have been filled with a desire and a craving to just sit and be in the presence of Jesus no matter what the day may hold. That in no way means that my days are filled perfect and blissful all the time, but I am making the conscious choice to walk with Jesus and allow his presence to surround me in any circumstance. There is freedom.

The cold, rainy weather has graced us with its presence this morning - perhaps it might be here to stay, but I am loving the idea of staying warm inside, under a blanket all day. There aren't many days when I am able to just be at home, so I am taking advantage of these moments. In the quietness of my spirit today I am praying that Jesus will speak and if not, I will just sit and be in his presence and in my opinion, that is the best place to be!


1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sorry you are still suffering with your headaches.
I love your heart and thirst for more of Jesus in your life. I respect that.