Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Night Out with the Boys


It is a rare occasion where I get to spend an evening with 4 fantastic boys. To be exact, I have only spent the evening with these boys 4 times EVER. These are no ordinary boys either - they are quite special and very good looking.

Since I was in grade 7 I have been in a relationship of sorts with these 4 boys. I am happy to say that it has evolved from an obsession - their pictures were plastered upon every inch of my bedroom walls - to now, where my likeness of them is slightly more mature. They are no longer plastered on my walls.

These fantastic boys to whom I am referring to are in indeed the BACKSTREET BOYS in case you haven't guessed it by now. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I quite enjoy them, their looks and their music. I can think of only 3 other people who read this blog who can identify with these feelings, so if you are not one of those 3 ladies, then for this post you can either not read it or you can, for a moment, pretend that you like them and read on :)

Exactly 4 blissful nights ago, myself and Aimee had the evening of our lives. We had been looking forward to this night for months and Wednesday night, our night of bliss arrived.

Aimee and I decked out in our fabulous shirts made by us in 2005. Hers says: "What Good is Tomorrow Without BSB" - it's a line from one of their songs. Mine says: "AJ Your Back Alright!".

In 2005, Aimee, Jessica, Janessa and myself embarked on the road trip of a lifetime - at least it was for us. The 4 of us made a whirlwind trip down to Minneapolis to see these fine men for their "Never Gone" concert. It was PHENOMENAL to say the least. Picture 4 extremely excited young women singing at the top of their lungs, all 5 of the Backstreet Boys cd's the entire way down, throughout downtown Minneapolis and all the way back home. In all, that was approximately 18 hours of pure Backstreet Boys singing. Like I said, Bliss!

Unfortunately the 4 of us were unable to attend the concert here in Winnipeg together due to the fact that Jess is currently living in Hamilton and it didn't work for Janessa to come (BTW - Janessa ended up getting a ticket last minute, but did not sit with Aimee and I). So in honour of our previous concert trip in 2005, I made this picture so that Janessa and Jess could be with us in spirit. We definitely missed you guys - next concert we are all going together!!!!


Aimee and I didn't have the greatest seats in the house due to financial restraints. Our seats were in the first row of the second balcony. Just as the show was about to start, we overheard a woman with her young son (far too young to be at a BSB concert in my opinion, but whatever) talking to the usher in front of us saying how they had floor seats, but they were unable to see the stage due to some tall people sitting in front of them. She asked if they might be able to sit in some empty seats higher up in front of us. Immediately Aimee piped in and generously offered to trade tickets with them so that they could see. The usher let us trade, which meant that WE HAD FLOOR SEATS!!!!! I think Aimee and I almost peed our pants, we were so excited. Way to be on the ball Aimee. I am forever indebted to you :) Our seats were floor section, row 37. Sweet Deal.

For the Howie Lovers

Howie says "I want you!" to which we reply "yes please."

For the Nick Lovers


For the Brian Lovers


I Heart A.J.

There is something about the "bad" boy that I find attractive. Go figure.


All of the classics were sung, along with some of the new stuff and a little sampling of each of their solo albums. I would highly recommend buying their solo stuff - it's very good. Kevin's presence on the stage was sadly missed, but the remaining boys survived very well. There was only one song that I was hoping they would sing that they didn't - Siberia from the Never Gone Cd. Perhaps at the next concert. They are putting out a new album, so another tour is in the works in the next few years. We're starting to save up now for front row floor seats as that is where the girls get kissed!

The famous hat dance.

Singing "The Shape of My Heart" - the audience is showing the shape of our hearts. Cheesy, but oh so good.


What a spectacular evening!!!


6 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

What great pics. Glad you had fun.

Sabrina said...

I love how much you loved this concert. So pumped you two had a blast...and aren't you guys the cutest with your T-shirts and Jess and Janessa pic. Love it.

Aimee said...

Wow when you put it in writing we really seem like losers!!! hahahaha So glad that we went together and I am sooooo looking forward to next time :)

Jessica said...

Oh, sigh! Looks like it was an amazing time--I can proudly say I'm one of the 3 other blog readers who identify with the love for the Backstreet Boys. :) I was quite the sad girl that night, missing out, but Janessa called me for the opening song! I will have to send you a pic of that...very funny. Will definitely have to go together next time..and we all know there will be a next time. Glad you had so much fun!

Christine said...

Oh, The Backstreet Boys......the story of my high school years....years ago!! So glad that you were able to enjoy the AMAZING concert from the FLOOR! What I would have done to go to that concert. So glad that you were able to enjoy every single moment of it!

Gina said...

lol, looks fun and you are never to old for BSB!! I have a post on my blog too...