Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I AM

Tonight my heart aches and my soul is heavy - it has been for a number of weeks now. I have been trying to rest in the arms of Jesus and trust that He is who He says He is. God has been speaking beautiful pictures into my head so that I may come to understand and know that He is indeed in control. To fully trust and rest in Jesus is a task that is easier preached than practiced, but I am learning. May the peace and grace of Christ be present in my heart tonight.


O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

~Psalm 8



"This is what the LORD says—
your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:
I am the LORD, who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,

~ Isaiah 44:24

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love you.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sorry you are aching. Ps. 27 (the last verse). I pray that you will see the goodness of the Lord as you are waiting for Him to fulfill your hearts desires and to meet you in your aching/heavy heartedness.