Saturday, October 4, 2008

Hello October

Is it just me or does it seem like September whizzed right by and October snuck up on us??? Not entirely sure where I have been, but I have seemed to miss Septemeber. The month of September proved to be jam packed busy with activity, which is probably the reason for my missing it.
October is by far my favorite month of the year. I am hoping to get the opportunity to get out this weekend to capture some of the beauty in the air around me by documenting the changing of colour on the trees. My heart is craving the desire to see the majestic hand of God in the present moment. Perhaps a trip to Assiniboine Park is in order for a helpful reminder. October is shaping up to be a busy month as well, but I am hoping that there will be time to stop and catch my breath a bit.

I have enjoyed in the last few weeks developing a routine with some of my favorite people. Tuesday mornings have been my "How to Read the Bible" bible study and sitting around for an hour and a half with some pretty neat ladies is a true blessing. Following the "formal" part of the morning, it has become routine to hang out with Kristy and Norah in the hours between the bible study and work. It has been one of the highlights in my week getting my one on one time with Kristy and cuddles and smiles from Norah. Love you Kristy and Norah.


Thursday mornings I have been blessed to spend the mornings with one of my favorite little men - Gavin. Sabrina is currently in the practicum portion of her Counselling training, so while she gets to meet with her clients, I get play time with G - and play hard we do! It's so much fun seeing him scoot around on his hands and knees, play hide-and-go-seek and just giggle. He is a joy. Unfortunately the last 2 weeks Sabrina's clients have cancelled on her, but that means that now I get Gavin AND Sabrina time on Thursday mornings. Our morning conversations about the hand of God in our lives have been invigorating and life giving. I couldn't possibly think of a better way to start off the day! Love you Sabrina and Gavin.


After a wonderful morning with my Friesen duo (Sabrina & G) I have the delight of meeting my wonderful friend Mary for a time of prayer. With life being the way it is right now, spending an hour or so in solid prayer is AMAZING and what my heart so desperately desires. God has been speaking and working in my life in some incredible ways and it's been quite neat to have Mary walk along side that. I've never really been a person who has been given a lot of pictures or words to hold on to from God. I've never really thought I've heard from Jesus directly, but things seem to be turning around. Perhaps it is my heart that is listening more closely or perhaps God is shouting at me, but whatever the case may be - I am hearing the voice of Jesus and words cannot describe my excitement - even if it's not always what I want to hear.

The phrase "I AM" has been resonating deep within me - specifically over the past 2 weeks. I am very much learning that Jesus is who He says He is and now I need to trust that he will indeed walk with and alongside some people who need that right now. It's quite the life giving experience to see the hand of God working in my life. God is definitely a good God! Love you Mary. Thank you for walking with me.

Volleyball is officially in full swing. League play starts this week not only for my grade 9 girls team, but also for my Senior Women's team. Lots of excitement there. And although volleyball has once again taken over most nights of my week, I am anticipating some good times ahead.
October also marks some pretty important birthdays. Stay tuned for that. However, to celebrate mine and Kristy's birthday this year, her and I along with Sabrina and Aimee are going to head down to Grand Forks for a night. I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday. October is shaping up to be a great month - new starts and continued growth. How can that not be good??
Hello October and we're off!!!

4 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Kara, I love your heart and your love for Jesus and others. I wish I lived closer so I could join you and Sabrina on some of your conversations. I love having God talks and sharing what one is learning in the Lord.
You are a neat lady.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Kara, I love your heart and your love for Jesus and others. I wish I lived closer so I could join you and Sabrina on some of your conversations. I love having God talks and sharing what one is learning in the Lord.
You are a neat lady.

Jessica said...

There are so many good things to celebrate in your life! Wish I could be there to share some of it with you. Enjoy October and all it brings.
Love you.

Aimee said...

No wonder I haven't seen you for a long time you are a busy girl. Sounds like all the busy things are alot of fun... especially those wonderful kids!!!! I hope you have a wonderful week and that your head feels good.