Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hello September!

I have written down the word September many times over the past 2 days and every time I do I am amazed that it is in fact, already September. It's crazy how fast time flies. September brings with it the "back to school" excitement (although I am excited and proud to say that I no longer have to go back), the crisp autumn air and the intense colour changes of leaves on the trees. Yesterday morning I pulled out my down vest from the back of my closet - putting on the vest made me feel all warm and cozy inside. Do you have clothes that do that for you? My vest is that item of clothing for me!

September also brings routine. I am a lover of routine and order. Sometimes I need to remind myself that not all things need to be planned out and written down. There are moments when it is Ok to fly by the seat of my pants :) Work is going well. My client base is slowly increasing and I am finding myself busier, which is a good thing. Sometimes money is good! My schedule is now a little more solidified and balanced, which is very much welcomed.

Although I am no longer in school full time, I am learning that it doesn't mean I have more time on my hands. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I have gotten myself involved in some great things this fall - all things that I am quite excited about taking part in, however, I have yet to determine how my body is going to be in all of these places. I have been asked to be the assistant coach for the grade 9 girls volleyball team from MBCI this fall and I am really excited about that. It has been years since I have played or been apart of the game in any way and now I am both coaching and playing on a senior women's team with my friend Steph, so I guess you could say that I am back in the game!

Our church is having a learning series on Tuesday mornings entitled "Reading the Bible". I am stoked to take part in these sessions as this has been something that has been on my heart as of late. I am currently in the process of trying to discern between my voice and God's and how to know if what I am hearing is truth. I must admit that reading my bible and devotions is not a strong suit of mine - they both tend to be put on the shelf first when life gets a bit hairy. I feel that I am strongly being nudged by both some influential people in my life and by God to really allow myself to dive into the Word and go deeper with Jesus. My heart is craving inspiration and essentially more time with Jesus. Because September also means new beginnings in many ways, I am excited to shape this part of my life into a daily discipline and experience some real heart changes.

Last but not least, September also brings with it my favourite yummy treat from Starbucks...Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Oh how I LOVE this divine drink. Tonight I met with my girls - Kristy (& Norah), Sabrina and Aimee over delicious lattes. I had forgotten how wonderful it tasted. I even indulged in a venti - Go big or go home I always say!


And this picture is just for fun because it is just so darn cute: Auntie Aimee gave Norah her mastercard this evening as a joke and apparently she seems quite pleased that she has it. Graham and Kristy watch out!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Yummy to the Pumpkin Spice Latte!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'll be at the Tue AM sessions too. See you there! Heidi

Christine said...

Love the new layout! Sounds like you are busy. Make sure you take some time for yourself.