Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mani's, Tea Parties & Photoshoots


Last week marked my last official week of childcare for Ella and Sophie. The summer has come to a close and they have joyfully returned to school (not because they are happy to get rid of me - but rather they are excited to be back in school). To celebrate "back to school" and the end of our summer together I decided we needed to having a special outing. I asked myself, what would 2 girls enjoy doing??? I quickly came up with the idea to go to get manicures at one of the local aesthetic schools (they do mini manicures for $3.00 and adults for $6.00 - you can't go wrong), followed by lunch at a formal tea house. The girls were PUMPED!!!





It's hard to tell that my nails are even painted, but because I can't have long nails with my job and I am not supposed to have nail polish on my fingers, I had to stick with a neutral colour and keep things pretty simple. The $6 is looking perfect for my low maintenance nails :)

I wish I had taken more pictures of the girls in the process of getting their nails done but having my nails worked on at the same time, made picture taking a tad difficult! Their facial expressions were priceless though - both girls had smiles from ear to ear.


Following manicures we headed over to "Two a Tea" on Corydon for our lunch/tea time. I had no idea as to what to expect when we got there - I had never been there before. From the outside it doesn't look like much - just an old house. However, as soon as we walked through the doors, I knew we were going to have to really mind our manners. Everyone who was there was wearing dresses/skirts or dress pants and 95% of the people there were over the age of 60 (the 3 of us made up the other 5%).

We were seated at a quaint little table in front of the fireplace. The wait for our food tried the patience of 2 very hungry girls but I was extremely impressed with their manners and patience. Once our food came we enjoyed "Sunshine Lemon Roobois Tea", homemade hot chocolates for the girls, a plate of egg salad sandwiches and carrot soup for me. It was all very delicious. My favourite part was definitely being served tea with real tea cups. Even though I am not typically a very dainty person, it's fun pretending every once in awhile :)

Sophie eating so politely - using her fork and knife to cut her open faced egg salad sandwich. I was impressed.

Ella patiently waiting for food.

This will definitely be a repeat outing on a future date!

On another day last week, the girls and I ventured out to the Forks to kill some time and have some fun walking around while the cleaners were at the house. Ella suggested that we find some fun spots around the Forks to take some pictures of each other. I thought, how fun! Here were the results:




2 comments:

Aimee said...

You are the coolest!

Anonymous said...

These photos are SO lovely, and the day was even lovelier! Thanks for a super summer!!