Sunday, July 6, 2008

It's Official

It's official. I am a Registered Massage Therapist as of July 3, 2008. My business card now reads: Kara Friesen Adv RMT. It's pretty exciting. Over the past week I have found little time to blog, take pictures, etc so I apologize for not many pictures in this post.
On Thursday I had my graduation ceremony. It was good to get that done with although there were some sad goodbyes with some classmates. My friend Jenn is moving to Whitehorse this week so it will be a long while until her and I will see each other in person again. The ceremony was supposed to be short and sweet but due to some miscommunication, one of our guest speakers was told that the ceremony started at 6:30 rather than at 6:00 so the director felt the need to stall by telling AWFUL stories of his experiences of online dating. All 18 of us sitting on stage were mortified at his stories and apologized profusely to our families and friends as they had to sit there and listen to this horrible speech. Once that was over, all was good we could continue on with the ceremony.

Annick and I shared our last cup of coffee together before school.


















Aimee, Kristy & Sabrina came to the ceremony too - it was great to have them there.








These 2 were absolute stars during the ceremony!

By 8:00 pm our house was packed full with about 40 people. I have some wonderful people in my life and it was neat to share the day with them and celebrate the past 2 years. Thanks to everyone for putting up with me in my stressful moments and understanding when I was unable to come out and have a good time with the rest of you! Now I am free in the evenings to party it up!

I was so busy mingling with everyone on Thursday ( I must admit that I found it fairly overwhelming) that there was no time to take pictures. Afterwards I was a little disappointed, but there's nothing I can do about it now!

Friday night I headed out to the cabin for the weekend with the family. I spent the majority of the weekend relaxing, reading and doing puzzles. I needed to decompress my head. Again, due to my overwhelming tiredness I failed to take any pictures as my weekend would be fairly boring to see in pictures. I will do better. I promise!

This upcoming week is shaping up to be another busy one. I am looking after Heidi's girls on Monday, Wednesday and Friday all day, Tuesday I am shopping with my mom and grandma and Thursday I have some work stuff to do in order to get my clinic room ready for August 1st when I start along with church in the evening. I better get some sleep to prepare my head for this next week.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Congrats Kara!!! I can't believe you are done school. :) Hope you have fun with Ella and Sophie today.

mclaren.ic said...

congratulations, kara!

Jessica said...

yay for graduating! all ready for the work force now! people are going to flock to you.