Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Saga of the Ducks

The evening started out with some harmless little ducks:


Aimee and I decided we should try and feed this harmless little ducks


But we were having a hard time getting their attention


It took a few minutes but we were slowly gaining ground and getting closer to the ducks


When they realized that we were approaching, they scurried away.


Little did we know, while we were trying to get the duck's attention, there was a swarm of geese behind us that wanted our stale bread. We ripped our pieces of bread as fast as we possibly could in order to feed the masses.


Unfortunately we were unable to keep up with this large flock of geese. Apparently 2 pieces of bread does NOT feed 20 geese - just in case you were wondering. We ended up booking it back to Jess's backyard where we were safe again.





Aimee, I love our adventures. Perhaps in the next couple of days we will embark on new ones. Love ya babe!


Saturday night, approximately 25-30 people gathered at Jon and Jess's parent's house to celebrate with Jon and Jess and their upcoming move to Hamilton. Don't get me wrong, we aren't excited that they are leaving, but I know that Hamilton will bring new adventures for the both of them. It was fun to get together with everyone and hang out. The lax, chill atmosphere was just what I needed.





Deanna and Laurie



Steph and Kristen



The host herself: Jess - Thanks for a wonderful evening my friend.



And no party would be complete without sweet little Norah! She has developed this new habit of sucking her thumb. It's terribly cute. Oh how I love this little girl!


Hanging out with fabulous friends is in my books, the perfect way to spend any Saturday night!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

I knew that picture of me would be 'interesting' looking. :)
i'm glad you could be there! i enjoyed watching you and aimee interacting with the geese through the window!

Christine said...

I always say away from birds or anything wild! You brave girls!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Is. would have loved to join you on your bird adventure!

Aimee said...

I still have nightmares of those ducks!!! hahahaha We do have wonderful adventures!