Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Plans

Sunday night I sat down and planned out everything that I needed to get done this week and what was all going to happen in my days. It's funny how when we attempt to be so organized things tend to get messed around on you. For example, for my graduation, my Grandma wanted me to buy me an amazing mix master to aid me in my baking endeavors. How sweet is she? On Monday night we had planned to go and pick one out together, but were disappointed when the store was already closed. Darn it! We have planned to go one day next week during the day when the store is hopefully open. Right now the debate is between a Bosch mix master or the Kitchen-Aid Pro. We'll see which is the better deal. So rather then just going home, my mom, Grandma and I moved our planned shopping trip up a day to Monday night. It was wonderful to buy a shirt at the regular price (although I got a bunch of great deals). Esprit is definitely my friend.

Originally on Tuesday the plan was to go shopping with my mom and Grandma, but since we had done that the night before, I was freed up in order to go to Rosenort with Kristy to make Strawberry jam with her and her mom. It was great! Kristy's mom fed us a very yummy lunch where I ate more then my fair share and after clean up, Kristy and I headed out to the strawberry patch to do some picking. Due to my "city girl" nature, I showed up wearing some nice jeans, cute shirt and sneakers. Little did I know how muddy the garden was going to be. Kristy's dad graciously let me wear a pair of his rubber boots to wear instead that came up to almost my knees. I was quite the sight! It's a good thing I had those boots because I would have been VERY muddy by the end of our picking. I should have had my camera with me to capture the moment. I felt like I definitely belonged in the country -haha! 
Our jam making was successful and Kristy walked away with 7 jars I think. I was just along for the ride as my mom already makes her own jam, so I didn't need any. 
Kristy...I very much enjoyed the day with you and your mom. Thanks for inviting me along. I enjoyed our chats in the car and just loved hanging out with you. You are absolutely delightful!

Today I am back looking after Ella and Sophie. It's been a busy morning so far. LOTS of colouring has been done, Easy Bake Oven cakes have been made and devoured for lunch (Don't worry Heidi, they had a good lunch too!), A good hour was spent playing Polly pockets and now it is rest time. After a rest, I'm thinking it might be time to hit up the park and enjoy the beautiful weather outside! 

Tonight I get to hang out with Jon and Jess for a bit before they leave in a couple of weeks for Hamilton. I am looking forward to good times together tonight with good conversation. Perhaps there will be some pictures to follow as I have been lacking in this department lately. I'm not sure what is wrong with me.

In the days to come I am craving some time to spend with God. I must admit that with the busy-ness of these past number of months with school and life, He has been put on the back burner. It's time to put him in focus. I'm always curious as to why when something needs to be put to the side it tends to always be my relationship with God. Does that happen with anyone else? A couple weeks ago, my church gave me a book for my graduation called "Vintage Jesus". It looks intriguing and I am anticipating diving into it by this weekend. I need to create moments in my days where I can spend time listening to God. So hard to do sometimes.

My other plans for the summer is to find ways to be active. For the past 2 years I have been sitting on my ass doing only reading and eating. Not a good combination! My goal is to do something and develop some sort of routine that gets me out running, to the gym or going for walks. I need to get back into shape. Along with this goes eating better. I love having the responsibility of finding sensible and healthy lunches and snacks for Ella and Sophie because it then forces me to eat that way also. Thank you Heidi for not have chips and junk in your cupboards. 

Well, rest time is almost up so I should finish cleaning up the lunch dishes and get ready for a park adventure. Until next time...

4 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! You are busy! When do you start massaging full time. To bad you don't live closer to Winkler.

Aimee said...

I look forward to tasting the baking you will make with your new mix master!!! :) Sounds like you had fun with Kristy, you city girl!!

Sabrina said...

Wish I could've seen you in those boots. You are awesome. Hope that you are having a restful, take-care-of-Kara day. I echo your thoughts on time with Jesus.

Love you!

kerry and jo said...

I enjoyed having you out the other day and getting to know you better. It is neat to get to know some of Kristy's friends too, and know she has a good one in you. Take care and enjoy your weekend!