Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Break

It's been a good week off so far, but time is passing much too quickly. Monday will be here before I know it and I will be doing a BIG exam at 5:30pm. Despite the copious amounts of studying that I have done in the past 2 days, I have also had a lot of fun.

MONDAY - I got to hang out at my "home away from home" - aka Starbucks with Sabrina and Gavin. Man, that kid is growing up fast! Sabrina and I enjoyed wonderful conversation over yummy Raspberry Iced Tea Lemonades.




In the evening Aimee and I hung out at her place for an evening of TV watching - "Jon & Kate plus 8" to be exact. Watching that show makes me want to have kids. I know that might sound like a poor use of time together, but it was relaxing watching our shows and not feeling pressured to talk, but to just sit and relax.






TUESDAY - I spent the whole day at home doing homework, cleaning and baking. I felt very domestic. In the evening Graham, Kristy, Andrew, Aimee and I went to Eva's Gelati to celebrate Aimee's birthday.









Was this Aimee's Birthday cake? Nope - it was only Graham's dessert. It didn't look anything like what the picture on the table looked like. The picture depicted a pear that was glazed in caramel and chocolate. We kept waiting for the pear to appear in the middle of the cake, but it never showed up. It's a good thing I didn't order this cake because I would have been very disappointed had I been expecting a pear drizzled in chocolate. Apparently Graham knew exactly what he had ordered. It looked very yummy though.










I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I have some very incredible friends!



Kristy and Aimee trying to figure out how to send text messages on their cell phones.



WEDNESDAY - Today was a Kara and Cole day. This morning we had a playdate/tea time with our friends Sophie and Mary. I am going to be spending the next 3 weeks or so at Mary's while her and her husband are in Turkey, so I was getting the low down about where things are and stuff like that. On the way over to their house Cole and I had a talk about being polite and how we respond to people when they ask us questions. Cole is a very shy kid, so this tends to be a problem when we go out in public as his manners do not shine through. Today, however, I was so proud of him. He responded to each of Mary's questions with a "yes please" or "no thank you". I was so excited to see him come out of his shell and face his fears. Mary also thought it was neat to hear how Cole really talks and how he acts as most people do not get to see that side of him due to his shyness. Way to go Cole - I am super proud of you!




This afternoon Cole and I headed out to the Manitoba Museum to do some exploring. The science gallery had an exhibit about animation creations and also race car making. Cole was especially intrigued by the car making. We spent a good hour and half in the race center building a remote control car and then racing it against the other kids who where there. The center was all about engineering and seeing how Cole comes from a long line of engineers, so it was fitting that we try this out. He definitely has a knack for this kind of stuff.






























Showing off the race car we made


It was a long and busy day for the 2 of us, but now it is time to get on with the next project...make supper!

No comments: