Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A little bit of a break

Starting this past Monday, I started house sitting for some friends of mine while they are away in Turkey (lucky guys - they deserve it though), so checking my email and updating the blog will be on a sporadic basis as I don't have access to a computer while at their house. I am still looking after Cole a couple days a week after school, so I will check it a couple times during the week, but if people need to get a hold of me, the best way to do so is on my cell.

In the past 3 days I have experienced an amazing sense of freedom. There is an overwhelming peace about the place I am staying at that has consumed me and I am loving it. Soon after I stepped foot in the house I felt more relaxed and at peace then I have in many many weeks. It made me crave the day when I will have my own place again.

My heart has been doing a lot of reflecting lately about various relationships in my life and where I have come in the past few years. Forgiveness and graciousness have been 2 words that God has given me. Both words are extremely powerful actions and I almost wish He had given me a word like peace because that particular word does not seem so scary and hard to do. It would be apparent that I have more reflecting and praying to do in the next little while as I work through some stuff that has been piling up in my heart. More to come on this...

"The LORD bless you and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."
~Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love you tons beautiful woman. Thrilled for your 'vacation' while house sitting! Oh the lovely days to come in your own place...can hardly wait.

Jessica said...

Enjoy the freedom and peacefulness that you have at M&G's house! I'll pray for you re: the stuff that needs to be prayed for.