Sunday, March 16, 2008

Introducing...

NORAH MARIE FRIESEN


Last night at 7:06 pm my very dear friend Kristy gave birth to a very small, but beautiful little girl. Norah made her entrance into this world a little earlier then planned, which had a number of aunties and other family members quite scared and worried at times, but she has arrived safe and sound. She weighed in at 3 lbs 13 oz and 16 inches long. Norah will be remaining in the NICU at St. Boniface for a few more weeks yet until her breathing improves, can feed well without being tired and grows a little. I am looking forward to the moment when I can finally hold this little one in my arms. Unfortunately I was not able to physically see her due to NICU rules, but the very proud parents showed me pictures of her and she is beautiful.

Norah had quite the birth story, but I will let Graham and Kristy share the details about that on their blog. Many prayers were sent up on their behalf yesterday and God has been faithful and has answered every one. Mom and baby are doing well although it will be a month of adjusting to new routine and hospital life.
God has been so good these last few days as he has surrounded Graham, Kristy and Norah along with all of the others involved and has kept them safe. Throughout the the whole birth story, the fingerprints of God were very evident as he provided a safe entrance to this world.

Little Norah I am so excited to finally meet you and hold you. I am incredibly thankful for your safe arrival and I am so excited to be your auntie. I hope that as you grow that you would continue to do things in your own time when you are ready. I think that is a pretty incredible strength. I know we are going to have many fun times together and I can't wait!
Love Auntie Kara
XOXO




* Note: the feet in the pictures are not Norah's feet, but just an image I found online. Her feet are much much tinier.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Kara, your love for your friends, their little ones and just peole in general is exciting to see.