Monday, March 31, 2008

Oh Summer!

I am finding myself feeling antsy these days for summer. I am done with the sloppy, damp, coldness of spring and ready for the days of flip flops and hot sunshine. With summer approaching there is so much to look forward to:
  • weekends at the cabin
  • GRADUATION
  • flip flops
  • skirts and dresses
  • laying on the beach
  • playing outside
  • eating gelati on patios
  • bike rides
  • moving out
  • afternoon and evening walks
  • outside coffee dates
  • picnics
  • camping

This summer holds a lot of big changes for me. As of June 30th I will not be living with Dan, Bonnie and Cole. The time has come for me to move out. I am going to miss Cole like crazy, but I have a hunch that we will still see each other a fair bit (as long as I get an apartment with a pool - so says Cole). I am going to be moving back in with my parents for a few months while I save up money to get a place of my own while I look for work and get that all settled. I'm excited about being on my own again. I have almost forgotton what it's like. I am very much a people person, but I also crave my quiet time alone and that has been missed these past 2 years.

Probably the biggest change this summer will be graduation! I am so ready to be done doing homework and pulling all-nighters studying. I am ready to have somewhat of a disposable income, have evenings free to hang out with friends and not feel guilty for doing so. I am ready to start doing what I have worked hard to do and put my hands to work helping other people. July 3rd (my grad date) will definitely be a party day!

Summer is going to be full of exciting and great things and I can hardly wait. Now, if only this snow would melt for once and for all.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay for graduation! And summer! It's going to be great!

Sabrina said...

Can't wait for you to be done... you've worked SO hard for this, and I am pumped for life to be a bit less hectic. You almost have a 'career' Kara...it's crazy!