Thursday, March 20, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

This week is a very important week in the Christian calender and I must admit that I have not been as focused on the death and resurrection of Christ as I have in previous years. I don't want to cling to the excuse that life is busy, but the truth is that it is. It's been an eventful week for different reasons in my life and Christ unfortunately got put on the shelf. I know that deep in my heart that is not any reflection on how I feel or where my heart is it, it's just a reality of this year.

Tomorrow morning bright and early, I am heading down to Minneapolis with my parents. My dad has some business to do down there (Americans don't have a long weekend) so my mom and I are tagging along. Originally it was only going to be my dad and me going, but he convinced my mom she needed to shop too. I can't remember the last time that I spent an entire weekend alone with my parents. I have no doubts that it will be a good weekend and it might be fun to be an "only child". So, this year I will be spending Easter and Good Friday in outlet stores and at the Mall of America. It's not your typical Easter weekend, but perhaps that is where I need to be this year.



So for everyone else, I wish you a very happy Easter and may the death and resurrection of Christ speak through your hearts.

HAPPY EASTER!!



4 comments:

Jessica said...

Have fun spending time with your parents/shopping etc. And Happy Easter to you.

ps. Spring Break is coming up...!

love,
Jess

Sabrina said...

Happy Easter my love!! I'll be thinking of you and the parental units as you travel and hang out. What a neat opportunity to spend some good time with them.

Looking forward to hearing about all your fun finds!

Love you!

Amber said...

Have a great little trip down south!! Here's to good deals & safe travels :)

Janessa said...

hope your weekend was awesome! i'm kind of jealous i won't lie!