Saturday, December 1, 2007

A "Blah" sort of week

It seems as though I am having a hard time becoming motivated this Christmas. I'm not sure why. I have had my list of Christmas baking ready to go for weeks now, but I have been either too busy or just plain tired. Baking is my outlet - it's what I do when I am stressed. Now instead it would appear that laying in bed trying to soothe a headache is a higher priority. Maybe once I begin actually baking something I will be inspired and I will just keep on going. School is not super busy right now, so I should probably be taking advantage of this time to either get ahead in some of my school work or just get my Christmas baking done!

It was kind of a blah sort of week for me. Not sure why. Part of it was definitely because my medication was not working as great. My headaches didn't seem to want to go away, so that just then affects all parts of my life. My clinic days at school weren't that great - I thought a couple of times, "why is it that I want to be a massage therapist again?" My client's weren't very encouraging and they seemed to know everything and my opinion and my knowledge didn't seem to matter to them.


Although last night Kristy, Aimee and I went to go and see August Rush in the theaters. It was VERY good. It makes me want to sing and be able to play music from the rooftops. It's a very cute story and I would highly recommend seeing it. Last night was definitely the highlight in my week (although seeing Gavin again on Tuesday was definitely a highlight as well - nothing warms the heart like a newborn). It seems as though just being in a low key environment with friends and just being able to "be" is exactly what I need right now.

Well, enough of my rants. I must go and be productive for the day before time passes by and it becomes too late to do anything.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Love you. Looking forward to seeing you sometime soonish? Mom is in town this week, so maybe a coffee date next?

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love the picture on your blog of the girl looking at the stars. That reminds me of myself. I love the stars.

Janessa said...

the dinosaur show was fantastic. so so good.

i can definitely understand the blah week.