Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Friesen Gathering and a Party

Last night a "Friesen Gathering" was held at Starbucks and it was delightful. We had a new member join the group, which was great fun. Gavin keeps getting cuter and Sabrina looks absolutely radiant. It had been far too long since the 3 of us had sat down and had a really good conversation and just catch up with each other. All 3 of us are pretty busy people, so it was great to find a time to meet before the craziness of Christmas and family gatherings kick in - plus it was a nice study break for me. And just on a side note here, this little gathering was planned only 1 day before hand too. Now some of you may be going "yeah, so???". Well, the 3 of us are not very spontaneous people, but we are aspiring to improve in that department and it looks as though we succeeded again, so horray for us!

Gotta love his furrowed brow

Auntie Kristy getting some good cuddle time in with Gavin

It seems as though the busy-ness of Christmas hasn't kicked in yet for me (perhaps it is because I still have a ton of Christmas shopping to do). My plan is to make it until the end of Monday when I write my final Kinesiology exam and then on Tuesday night I will venture out to the malls to finish up all the stuff I have left to buy.

"Ready my heart for the birth of Emmanuel, ready my soul for the Prince of Peace..."

I LOVE Christmas! It is probably one of my favorite times of year, however it seems as though the getting ready and preparing my heart for the birth of Christ has been postponed or put on the shelf. Not sure why that is, but that's the reality. I don't think I can make any excuses nor explain the lack of desire to do my devotionals. It's just not there. It would seem as though I am much more concentrated in my studying and my Christmas baking. For the first time in years, there has also been a lack of Christmas music filling the rooms of this house. My heart and soul feel anxious - not content and at peace as they should be in a season such as this. There are 12 more days until Christmas - not a ton of time to prepare my heart to be in the place where it probably should be, but yet still enough time to make some progress and take a few steps in that direction.

On a completely seperate note...
Tonight at school I finished my last clinic rotation of my junior semester. So to celebrate my other 5 classmates, my supervisor and I had a party. Yummy food was eaten and delicious egg nog and rum drinks were consumed. I have never laughed as hard as I did tonight. I am so blessed to have a group of friends at school that truly love life and who bring a lot of joy into my life.

Our party looks pretty lame, but we really did have a lot of fun!



1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Kara my love...it was so wonderful to visit with you, and I hope to do more of it without such space in between. You are a blessing to me.

Celebrating with you on finishing your last clinic rotation. How delightful! You are doing such a phenomenal job with all that you have on your plate, I am encouraged by the joy that you bring to all you do.

Appreciating you in huge amounts today. Love you.

S.