Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Skating

Well, school has officially come to a close for the 2007 year and I couldn't be happier. I have been anticipating this tiny bit of a mental break for quite some time now. I will be spending most of my holidays studying, but for the next few days I plan on taking it easy, breathing deeply and just being and spending time with Jesus. I am going to treasure these next few days as much as possible.

Due to some home renovations, Sabrina needed to venture out of her house, so we met at St. Vital to keep each other company and to just hang out. It was quite wonderful! Everytime I see Gavin, he seems to be getting cuter and cuter and his personality is slowly coming out. I can't wait to see the boy he becomes and encounter his personality. I have a feeling it is going to be great!

Auntie Kara getting her cuddles in and keeping warm over Starbucks. He is a joy!

Today was also Cole's last day of school before the Christmas break, so to celebrate the both of us being done for the year, we packed up our skates and headed down to the Forks to do some skating for the first time this winter. We couldn't have picked a better evening to go because the weather was perfect - not too cold and the ice was like glass, no bumps.



Cole is still in the learning stages of skating and has a hard time staying up for a long period of time, but it's fun to watch him get the hang of it. He is the kind of child that tends to be quite hard on himself if he does not succeed on the first try, so the first little bit of skating turned out to be quite discouraging for him. I'm hoping that with lots of practice and opportunity to skate this winter, he will gain confidence in himself and go along with the learning process. Despite some frustrating moments, I think he still had fun.






























The skating trails at the Forks are quite fun. It's almost as if you are on a skating adventure - Cole and I let our imaginations take charge and we headed out on quite the expedition. It made the falling and the loss of balance much easier to handle.


Following skating, we headed into the Forks Market to grab a bite to eat.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What a RELIEF that the 2007 school year has come to an end! I've been thinking about you!!!! Now you can get on with life and enjoy your Christmas break!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Kara!!