Thursday, July 26, 2007

Weekend Plans & Reflections

I have a very full weekend ahead of me in the next few days. Tomorrow is a very big day in that I am going at 1:00pm to get my TATOO!!!! I am pumped, but also a little bit nervous. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The tattoo is going to be on my lower back and will be of a yellow jasmine flower in the middle of a vine with the words in hebrew above it: "Grace of God". My words do not do the drawing justice, so check back tomorrow for some pictures. My friend Jenn from school will be accompanying me for some emotional support.

Tomorrow after my tattoo is done (should only take about an hour and a half to 2 hours) our young adults group from church is heading out to Falcon Lake to do some camping. I obviously was not thinking when I booked my tattoo appointment that I would also be camping that very same day. Craziness!! I'm excited about the camping though. I'm not typically a camping sort of girl. I am more of the cottage type, but there is something about camping with friends that just sounds appealing. I hear it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend too!

My dear friend Sabrina posted something on her blog yesterday that really stuck with me. So often I think of only what is going wrong in my life and concentrate my prayers and efforts toward "fixing" that problem. I fail to recognize the graciousness and the gifts that God has so richly blessed me with on a daily basis. So, in attempt to be more reflective of the little things in my life that are awesome, here is my list (Sorry Sabrina, I am copying you).

I am thankful for:

Incredible friendships that encourage, strengthen & bring joy
Beautiful sunshine
Slurpees to cool off with on a scorching hot day
A wonderful church family with whom I can worship and come to the throne of our Creator with
Lemonade stands with adorable children
Music
Smiles
Hugs that let you know you are loved
Family
The ability to run and feel refreshed
shopping trips with my mom
an air conditioner that my dad surprised me with for my room
peaceful sleep
freedom to come and go
wading pools
starbucks coffee that is enjoyed with friends
the sounds of children's voices as they play and imagine
a rainfall that cleans and washes away

That is my list so far. There are so many other things that I could add. I too, like Sabrina am content. I encourage you to look at the little things in life that add to the big picture. I pray that you too would feel contentment and joy within the small things.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

What a lovely list my friend. It is so refreshing to ponder the good things now and then. Perhaps we can tackle our tendency to find the negatives first. I enjoy sharing more good times with you this weekend!!

Love love.