Monday, July 2, 2007

Dancing, Grad and Long Weekends

Well it is about time that I updated the blog with a new post. It has been a very busy week it seems. What else is new right?


Last weekend was the final dance lesson that my friend Steph was teaching a bunch of us at our church. It was so much fun and I think it needs to become a regular occurance. Not everyone who attended was necessarily coordinated, but we all had a ton of fun with people in our church that we might not necessarily hang out with on a regular basis.











Bre & Jess pulling out all their cool moves. I believe that classics such as the lawn mower, the fishing rod, the sprinkler and the shovel were pulled out. Those moves were definitely not part of the moves Steph had showed us :)


This past week was filled with graduation events. My youngest brother Derek graduated grade 12 at MBCI. It made me feel very old (even though I'm really not). It was only 5 years ago that I was celebrating my own high school graduation. It's crazy how fast time seems to fly. Last week with all of the crazy weather we seemed to be having I was happy that they had beautiful weather for both their grad banquet and also for the commencement ceremony.

THE FORMAL BANQUET


Derek & Courtney: Pictures at the Legislative grounds

THE CEREMONY




Right: Derek & Grandma

















Derek and the girls: Dominika and myself








Right: Derek & my parents


















The whole family








The Kids











Seriousness doesn't seem to run in our family










Derek the morning after the grad party enjoying the beautiful cupcakes that I made for him.






LONG WEEKEND

This past weekend I headed up to the cottage to spend some time with my family. We were unable to celebrate Father's Day on the actual day due to a couple of us writing exams and being extremely stressed out, so we celebrated this past weekend. It was a very nice and relaxing weekend filled with a lot of reading, puzzling, playing games, laying on the deck, swimming, tubing and water skiing and movie watching late into the wee hours of the night. It was a lot of fun and I was very sorry to have to come home tonight. Life is just so much more slow paced and relaxing at the cabin in comparison to here at home. It seemed as though as soon as I walked in the door, there were messages to return and emails to respond to, laundry to wash and just get ready for the week ahead. Oh well, only 4 more days until I get to return the cabin to spend another glorious weekend away from the city, although this time Cole will be joining me out there, so there will probably be a lot less relaxing going on and a lot more building sand castles and playing, which is all good too.



Over Christmas we headed down to the states for a couple days and my dad found this tacky gem in a garden center. He couldn't resist buying it and this weekend was when the beautiful decoration got hung up at the cottage.










Playing Games



FUN IN THE WATER





































Above: My dad has not skiied in probably 10 years, but this weekend he decided to give it a try and he got up no problem, although I have a hunch that he is going to be very sore this next week.

Soaking up the Sun








Dominika and her dog Peanut enjoying some time on the deck relaxing.















Right: Grandma












Myself and Dominika on the beach








Right: Courtney and Derek











By the end of the weekend, even Bailey was exhausted!






Tomorrow I begin my summer job running a daycare out of my house. I am very much looking forward to the weeks ahead spending time with a bunch of different kids. However, I imagine there will be some frustrating and stressful moments also as I have 6 kids every day of the week except Fridays.

1 comment:

bre said...

dude, great pics! and great cupcakes!