Monday, July 23, 2007

Escape from the Heat

I was very thankful this weekend to spend it at the cabin to escape some of the extreme heat Winnipeg experienced this past weekend. When it's 37 degrees celcius in a house with no air conditioning, it can seem almost overwhelming at times. For those of you who don't know I sleep on the 3rd floor of a big old house. It's the kind of room that's cool in the winter and hot in the summer. So last night I spent the night sleeping in the basement so that I could at least fall asleep. Oh how I missed the cool breeze off the water at the cabin!

The weekend included playing games and watching movies late into the night on Saturday night with everyone. We had jumping and diving contests out at the dock with Kevin, Dominika & Derek. Quad riding to go for ice cream at the store. Spending a lot of time reading and laying in the water soaking up the sun. I am even proud to say that I did not get burned. I have been doing sooo good this summer. Yeah for me!!

Hanging out on the beach

Left: Derek taking Becky for a tube ride even with the waves. It was an extremely bumping ride. I opted for just driving. I wanted all my limbs still attached at the end of the day. I think Becky was sorry she decided to go for the ride.
























I am not looking forward to this week very much. I have 6 kids to look after each day this week and with the forecast as hot as it is saying it is going to be, I am not looking forward to being outside with the kids. However, I did score a small pool from the cabin for the kids to play in. I'm guessing that in a very short while we will be heading out there for some cooling off.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ahhhh the lake! Which one do you go to?

Hope your week is going well and that you are managing to stay cool some how!!